Thread: 54 and 54 page

jak757 is offline Member

54 and 54

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I’m 54, and so is my waist. 54 years old, with a 54” waist – not good, and I know it. I tip the scale at somewhere over 400 lbs (not sure exactly how much over, as my doctor’s office scale goes up to 400.

I was “here” (weight) about 4 years ago – started working out, eating primarily low carb, and did get down to 250. Felt great, look good. Then I had two knee surgeries, got way off track with the exercise and eating……and here I am.

I’ve been reading MDA for a while now. 1/3/12 I started living primal. Almost one week down, and I’ve remained firm with my eating and exercise. Feeling that “carb flu” a bit, but just today, I started to notice that my pants feel like a better fit….progress!

I need to get some “before pics” of myself before it’s too late. I see the motivation impact of doing that. I’ve been reading a lot on this site, and others, and I’ve started to dig into these forums. I’m learning a lot, and getting a lot of inspiration form you fine folks.

Looking forward to contributing some myself at some point. In the mean time, I’m learning all I can here.

Here’s to week two!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Jak. You can do it this time!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! And I agree, you can do it
    Def get some pics ASAP, you will love looking back on them.