Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recovering vegan page

PrimalBob Guest

Been stalking around here for a little while so figured I would take the plunge and make some posts......

To sum my story up quickly I got up to about 210 pounds and managed to rack up ten kidney stones by 23 so I figured I better change my lifestyle. I took the path of a vegetarian and then vegan and got down to between 175-180 but still just didn't feel good even after a couple years and light exercise.

So now I am taking the steps into a primal lifestyle and am trying to bring my family along with me but it maybe a slow trod path for them (they didn't fully follow along with the vegan thing.....cheese was just to good)

not sure what else to say but hope to see you as i run around the boards and thanks for stoping by this obligatory first post

ps to anyone how do I change my avatar pic

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

1. WELCOME!!! Youll find that peoplbe here are great for info and advice, about almost anything!

2. gravatar.com!

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member

Welcome on board, Bob!

I tried the raw vegan thing for a couple months about a year ago. Lost almost 40% off my max lifts, could only sleep 4-5 hours per night (some might see this as a plus, but I was constantly fatigued), and getting sick on a regular basis. I hated it and I missed meat like crazy, but I *thought* I was doing the right thing for my health.

Now that I'm primal I am stronger than ever, feel great, sleep a full night (7-8 hours), am rarely sick, and am getting major comments about how great I look (even with my pale Minnesota-winter complexion!).

I'm hoping you get some similar results!!! Best of luck and welcome to the Primal Family.

Double-A is offline Junior Member

Welcome Bob!

I might start focusing on the Vegan thing in my blog coming up - as a former Vegan myself, I understand all too well the draws.. thankfully I didn't do it for too long, and avoided most of the danger.

I highly, highly recommend The Vegetarian Myth by Lierre Keith - vegan for 20 years - to just about anyone, but especially current/former veg*heads.

PrimalBob Guest

thanks for the well wishes and the lead and the avatat..... going to take a while to dig through all the info on this site and almost done reading the book, so I am geared up to get started

stop_hammertime Guest

I am also a former vegan. It is quite a change but I believe it will be worth it.

PrimalBob Guest

Yeah I have to admit I am already feeling better but still am working out the whole meal thing. Been years since I cooked meat and am currently wheat free but all grains is another cramp in my style for cooking.

Zophie is offline Senior Member

Hi there! I'm a newbie too. I have been vegan for 5 years and I have to say that the things on this site just seem to make sense to me. I am surprised to find so many X veggies here. =) Did any of you get sick when you went back on animal protein?

PrimalBob Guest

first time I hit the baked chicken wings I felt a little funky afterwords but I think it was from not cooking them long enough.

OrangeGirl is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I was a vegan who turned without looking back just before the beginning of 2010. I had already cut out breads, sugars, etc, for a couple months beforehand so I was a little more prepared. I was surprised how many ex-veggies to find here as well ... I feel much better, although it's taking me a while to get my fruit count down. I've waivered in weight, dropped a few pounds at first, and now I'm back up to my starting weight (135 lb) ... it takes a while to re-learn how to eat when coming off veganism, which I had been doing for almost 3 years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast