Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for snack that I can leave in my car or in my locker at work page

linuxguy0481 is offline Member

Looking for snack that I can leave in my car or in my locker at work

Shop Now
    Basically looking for a healthy Primal Blueprint based snack. I am looking for suggestions that I can keep in my center console and in my locker at work. My center console is not open so it won't be affected by the sunlight. Hopefully this healthy snack will not spoil right away since I will be snacking on it throughout the week.

I have a few vending machines at work but it's all fatty processed foods. Also if you can tell me where I can buy these healthy snacks. You know that was my downfall at work. Months ago I would go to the gas station by a couple of candy bars or doughnuts and caffeinated drink or buy something from the vending machine. No more I said a couple of months ago.

I hope you guys have good suggestions. Thank you.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    You have not read the book. Had you, you'd be answering this question and shooting holes in it yourself easily. Buy the book.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

linuxguy0481 is offline Member
    Which book are you talking about? If you are talking about Primal Blueprint I just bought the paperback book. It should be arriving at my doorstep this week. I just wanted to ask because I would like to get some more suggestions on what other people snack on.

We don't snack. But if you think you need to, berries and macadamia nuts are a good staple.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

jammies is offline Senior Member
    When I started primal I kept Lara bars in the car or in my purse all the time. They are very carby and sweet, but they were good in an emergency. It can take some time to figure out how much you need to eat to avoid snacking, so don't be too worried if you have to grab something every now and then to keep from going to McDonalds.

Beef jerky, macadamia nuts, and even a jar of almond butter with some fruit can all work in a pinch. I keep a jar of ghee at work so I can have bulletproof tea if I find myself hungry. Nothing is as perfect as a meal of meat, fat, and veggies. But don't let perfect be the enemy of good - if you need a snack, have a primal one.

PrimalJosh is offline Member
    Ignore Knifegill who is being less than helpful for some reason. Beef jerky is a good primal-friendly snack you can keep just about anywhere.

How is pointing out that snacking is not Primal less-than-beneficial? If you eat the food that you should be eating, you will be full for at least six hours. I bring you hope, I bring you a message of freedom. You are about to be freed from cravings, freed from incessant pangs to eat. You will not want any snacks. This is good news!

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

SuperIvy69 is offline Junior Member
    Beef jerky and nuts mate!!

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    We don't snack. But if you think you need to, berries and macadamia nuts are a good staple.
    lmao "we" don't, really?
    I do sometimes, and sometimes I eat what some would call snack food as a meal.
    My go to's are homemade beef jerky, macadamia nuts and fruit. But recently I made some pemmican, which was great and would fit the bill nicely too.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

elliottsmith is offline Senior Member
    I generally try not to snack to increase the likelihood (wow that looks like it's spelt wrong) of burning my fatty fuel reserves but If I do want to have a snack I would generally go for some nuts (usually macadamia nuts, pecans or walnuts) or some fruit.

Fruit & nuts = natures fast food

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast