Thread: Does anyone get bloated from bacon and/or sausage? page

nettle1976 is offline Junior Member

Does anyone get bloated from bacon and/or sausage?

Primal Fuel
    I love me some bacon and sausage ya'll but ....Does anyone else find it bloating? I have been eating a good portions of emu sausage and nitrate free organic bacon. I feel really bloated..or maybe it is all of the kale I am eating! I know that sodium in the meats can cause water retention.

SuperIvy69 is offline Junior Member
    I wouldn't have thought it's the meat. Sausage is often made with rusk (bread crumbs) to bind it.

rparker is offline Junior Member
    I wouldn't be surprised really. Although I don't get that affect, sausages and any processed meats are filled to the brim with salts. Even it it is nitrate free. I doubt its a break crumbs though, unless you've got a problem with digesting gluten.
    Rock-Abs.net

nettle1976 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rparker View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised really. Although I don't get that affect, sausages and any processed meats are filled to the brim with salts. Even it it is nitrate free. I doubt its a break crumbs though, unless you've got a problem with digesting gluten.
    These are emu sausages are local unprocessed meat and raw packed so there are no bread crumbs but not sure about salts! The bacon though ..I am gonna guess has a lot of salt.