Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ate 3 eggs and 8 slices of bacon and still hungry page

pf3
    pf3 is offline Member

Ate 3 eggs and 8 slices of bacon and still hungry

Primal Fuel
    For dinner I ate 3 eggs and 8 slices of bacon and I'm still feeling hungry. Why is that? Aren't these primal-approved foods? What am I doing wrong?

More details: For brunch, I had a strawberry and banana smoothie. (8-10 strawberries and 1 banana with some greek yoghurt put in the blender with some cold water and ice cubes.) During coffee time I had a glass of milk and a banana.

Then I had the dinner. I didn't drink anything other than a glass of water. I didn't cook the eggs in fat, they were just regular boiled eggs. The bacon was fried on a pan.
    Last edited by pf3; 01-08-2012 at 12:42 PM.

DeeDub is offline Senior Member
    It might be helpful if you added some context to the story...

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    ^Agreed. How much later is it? Did you drink anything with dinner? Did you cook your eggs in fat?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

pf3
    pf3 is offline Member
    Thanks, more details have now been posted above!

Croak is offline Senior Member
    Too much dairy, too much fruit, not enough fat, for sure not enough protein. Lay off the bananas and milk.

badly_dubbed is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pf3 View Post
    For dinner I ate 3 eggs and 8 slices of bacon and I'm still feeling hungry. Why is that? Aren't these primal-approved foods? What am I doing wrong?

More details: For brunch, I had a strawberry and banana smoothie. (8-10 strawberries and 1 banana with some greek yoghurt put in the blender with some cold water and ice cubes.) During coffee time I had a glass of milk and a banana.

Then I had the dinner. I didn't drink anything other than a glass of water. I didn't cook the eggs in fat, they were just regular boiled eggs. The bacon was fried on a pan.
    3 eggs, 8 slices of bacon, 10strawberrys 3 bananas and some yoghurt.

yea....no wonder your hungry. id feed my cat more than that.

you want to be around 60% cals from fat, 30%cals from protein and 10% from carbs - or very close to that

now lay off the sugary fruit, add in more (LOTS more veg) fats and protein. your macros are MILES out which will also contribute to your hunger.
    "Today’s technological age is enjoyed by the fattest, laziest humans in the history of humanity." -Mark Sisson

tarek is offline Senior Member
    That's not too much fruit, you're just not eating enough food. You probably ate less than 1,000 calories in one day. Of course you're going to feel hungry. Depending on how tall you are, how much you weigh, what your age is, and your activity level, you could need anywhere from 2,000 to 4,000 calories per day. If you're trying to lose weight and are a relatively "small" person, you might need just 1,500. We'd need more info to gauge how much food you should be eating.

Bacon is a condiment, not food. Don't eat it as a meal. The same goes for yogurt and milk. Instead of bacon and eggs for dinner, try having a cut of meat (steak, chicken, fish, etc.) with some vegetables and a small plate of sweet potato. Fruit is okay, just don't eat it in lieu of other foods. You had three servings today, which is absolutely fine. Eat more vegetables with your meals. Spinach, onions, broccoli, kale, cabbage, chard, mushrooms, carrots, peppers, tomatoes, Brussels sprouts, etc.

Browse the recipe section for breakfast and dinner ideas. Google "paleo dinner recipes" for more ideas. There's a wealth of information out there on different recipes.

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Definitely seems like you're not eating enough food - and where's the veggies?

I see a lot of people on this forum recommend upping the fat in meals, but for me, that never makes me feel good. To feel good (and full) I usually need volume - which for me means LOTS of veggies, lots of lean protein, some good fat. That combination always leaving me feeling great. Even if I'm having fruit as a meal, I need to eat a HUGE plate of fruit.

For you, I'd suggest ditching the dairy and eating a lot more vegetables - several servings with each meal, in addition to some protein and some good fat - from red meat, from coconut oil, from avocado, from oily fish like salmon/sardines, whatever you like.

You may want to plug your food into an online site like fitday or livestrong so you can get a sense of your calorie/fat/protein consumption, to make sure you're eating enough.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    What time was the brunch and did it keep you going until dinner time, i.e. you were not hungry until dinner time? I forgot about the coffee time - so after coffee time were you not hungry until dinner? Perhaps carbohydrates are more satisfying for you?

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    For brunch, I had a strawberry and banana smoothie. (8-10 strawberries and 1 banana with some greek yoghurt put in the blender with some cold water and ice cubes.) During coffee time I had a glass of milk and a banana.
    That kind of sugar spike could have caused your blood sugar to crash around dinner time, leaving you ravenous no matter what you were eating for dinner.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast