Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Debating with vegans, need help! :) page 2

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by onewomanband View Post
    Really? Didn't think much of that presentation, to be honest.
    It was a bit like a bunch of cult members getting together to work on their rebuttals.
    Imho the only one there who made any sense was Robb Wolf.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

pernissila is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for all the great answers! That's very helpful!

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Don't bother arguing. Just nod your head, say "that's nice" and walk away while you nibble on a piece of bacon....
    +1

Remember that cults force people to be vegetarians to keep mentally weak. Oftentimes they really aren't in a position to really engage in a true exchange of, and even less, evaluation of information.

Glockin Grok is offline Senior Member
    All you need to really say is omega-3s essential to your body.. and you do not get them from flax seeds sorry.

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    ya, dont waste your time arguing with a vegan. its like arguing about politics or religion

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I think a lot depends on why a person is a vegan. If it is an animals rights issue, you won't win. Ever. If it is simple health- which I don't think there are a lot of committed vegans who do it simply for health- there is a lot to stand on, but their arguments about health will be a reflection of the SAD. When I was a veg, I would basically tell people who pushed it that I know at least two or three ranching families that raise animals to eat who won't eat McDonalds or grocery store meats. Probably if you told them that you stick to pastured organic meats and don't touch fast food either, you'd be singing kumbaya and sharing veggie recipes.

I'm a little unfairly biased about Vegans just because so many I have known have been all purpose mean people and I hated being lumped with them. I tend to forget about the earth mama types, but they are not prone to argue.

And most vegans cheat. My BF and I were vegans in college and I think we each thought the other was more committed. Turns out, he'd go home on weekends and have breyers ice cream and grandmas hashbrown casserole, while I was sneaking in a pizza when he was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I think a lot depends on why a person is a vegan. If it is an animals rights issue, you won't win. Ever. If it is simple health- which I don't think there are a lot of committed vegans who do it simply for health- there is a lot to stand on, but their arguments about health will be a reflection of the SAD. When I was a veg, I would basically tell people who pushed it that I know at least two or three ranching families that raise animals to eat who won't eat McDonalds or grocery store meats. Probably if you told them that you stick to pastured organic meats and don't touch fast food either, you'd be singing kumbaya and sharing veggie recipes.

I'm a little unfairly biased about Vegans just because so many I have known have been all purpose mean people and I hated being lumped with them. I tend to forget about the earth mama types, but they are not prone to argue.

And most vegans cheat. My BF and I were vegans in college and I think we each thought the other was more committed. Turns out, he'd go home on weekends and have breyers ice cream and grandmas hashbrown casserole, while I was sneaking in a pizza when he was gone.
    The animal rights issue is actually the easiest if they are logical- however very few are.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    The point of animal rights is that we have no right to use them for any purpose, be it food, companionship or working. It's not about "protecting" them from predators. Basically the goal would be for no animal to be confined and to be let out to live the life of a feral animal. And ya know what- you could win that argument if you could prove that man was a natural predator of animals from which they should not be protected. And the raising and processing of animals in an environment in which they are placated is actual man using his mind to be the ultimate predator.

The point of animal rights is that we have no right to use them for any purpose, be it food, companionship or working. It's not about "protecting" them from predators. Basically the goal would be for no animal to be confined and to be let out to live the life of a feral animal. And ya know what- you could win that argument if you could prove that man was a natural predator of animals from which they should not be protected. And the raising and processing of animals in an environment in which they are placated is actual man using his mind to be the ultimate predator.
    Or if you can point out that "vegetarian foods" kill many more animals than meat consumption.

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    lmaooo, I hated being lumped in with "those" vegans too!! i'd be like "well, I guess i'm a veg*n, but I don't like being in that category..." lol!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast