Thread: Weekly Menu Examples page

LeNeen is offline Junior Member

Weekly Menu Examples

Primal Fuel
    Good morning,

I just received the "21-Day Transformation" and yesterday totally purged everything out of my refrigerator, freezer and cabinets. It was somewhat painful; but at least someone might be able to use it, as I plan to donate the unopened items.

I also have been browsing the recipes--which all sound pretty great--on this website. However, I would really like some guidance on what an "average week" of meals would look like. Is there such a thing out there?

I would really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks much,
    LeNeen

Trakkstar9 is offline Junior Member
    I just started going primal last week. Unfortunately I wasn't able to purge everything (my family is not going primal... Yet), but to help with being tempted I've made meals in advance. I made a ton of primal meatballs in the slow cooker and put half of them in the freezer to thaw at a later date. I've eaten the meatballs by themselves and with veggies. One night I made spaghetti squash and poured the meatballs and sauce over it. I've boiled a chicken in water with a little sea salt (then pulled the meat off and boiled the bones to make a stellar chicken broth). I usually have eggs in the morning as either a frittata, omelet, or scramble with onion and occasional bell pepper. I pan grilled chicken and homemade burgers to last a few days.

It's really all about making the transition easy for yourself in the beginning. There are quite a few websites that have primal friendly recipes on them. My best advice: plan your own weekly menu and make meals ahead of time so there's no questions as to whether you're going to eat primal or not.
    Former yo-yo dieter. Adopted the primal lifestyle 01/03/2012. Currently trying to be the best version of me while enjoying competitive sports (full tackle football- yes an all female competititve full tackle league exists).
    I am 6'0" and fairly strong with an excess of fat.
    Starting weight/ BF: 330/ 33.4%
    CW: 324.6
    Goals: in or under a 36x34 pant size/ 17-22% BF