Thread: Newbie trying to find determined motivation page

littlestar85 is offline Junior Member

Newbie trying to find determined motivation

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone,

I stumbled across Marks Daily Apple when I saw it mentioned in a post on a natural parenting forum. I've been reading through the site and receiving the e-mails for a few days now and am totally hooked on the theory. I recently fell off the Dukan Diet wagon and have undone a lot of good I had done to my body - detoxed from carbs and sugar, lost 13kg and dropped 2 dress sizes from a UK 16 to a UK 12 (US 12 to US 10). I had a stressful few weeks and went back to my carb addiction and am now as bloated as hell, lethargic and craving sugar

As of this morning I've only eaten proteins - smoked salmon with cottage cheese and plain yoghurt and am planning to stick to the primal food groups for as long as possible and once the sugar haze clears from my head make a start on the fitness routine. I already walk for 1+ hours a day so will just up the cardio side of that for now I think.

I'm breastfeeding a very active 15 month old on demand day and night so I am often quite tired which I think makes it hard for me to stay motivated. I've struggled with food addiction for years and am just really hoping that this is a new start.

Just really wanted to know how you all stay motivated?

x

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Littlestar! I wouldn't recommend my motivation, which was having spent time in ERs and intensive care from heart problems. But there are lots of inspirational stories here.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Welcome! My motivation is that I was lied to and fooled for so long. My anger translates to health, I'm showing the system up by not dying like it wants me to. Thankfully, the food I eat is delicious, fatty and nutritious and keeps me full all day. Easy to not be addicted when I'm not hungry.

Cottage cheese and yogurt aren't proteins, really, but it's great that you've got motivation!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

PrimalJenn is offline Member
    As a newbie again, I fell off the wagon around the holidays due to stress and buying our first home. I can suggest just going cold turkey and dive right into it. After a few days it becomes second nature again. You aches and pains will go away, your energy levels will go up and those cronic problems you had just last week will go away. My motivation is myself. I want to be healthy and fit TOGETHER. I followed a the SAD for so many years that I was "fit" but not healthy. Now I am finally feeling healthy inside. Keep up the great work, check out blogs and recipes and just have fun with it.

alg2435 is offline Senior Member
    My motivation is this: I've read the science behind it, and I don't want to hurt my body with un-food anymore. I also want to feel and look the best that I can, and by reading through the success stories, I know that I can attain it with eating clean, intermittent fasting, and some moderate exercising. Read the stories everytime you feel yourself slipping!
    Making adventure out of this thing called life

BeachTeach is offline Senior Member
    My motivation is simply that I feel better. I go for long stretches without thinking about food or wanting to snack. I've been back on the wagon after a 10-year hiatus for 8 days, and I honestly don't know if I've lost any weight or not...and you know what? I don't care. I know that I feel better, that I have energy to take care of all the little projects and errands I've put off to the side AND have energy left over to interact with my husband.

I also have a gut for the first time in my life, and I'm vain enough to want that to go. But if I felt like dirt, that would matter a whole lot less.