Thread: Lost 10 pounds in 1st week without being deprived or feeling sluggish page

Jimmy Thomas is offline Junior Member

Lost 10 pounds in 1st week without being deprived or feeling sluggish

Primal Fuel
    Cut out all Cokes and processed foods. Meat, eggs and veggies (with some cheese). To avoid deprivation I would eat a french fry or 3, and a bite of dessert on wednesday. Can tell I have lost belly fat in just one week. Had an omelet, chicken wings (sorry some ranch dressing, and salad today). I love what Mark says about the sleep environment and that is helped. Feel good and have lost 10 pounds. I didnt even lose that in the 1st week when I tried Atkins. The higher carb limit is going to allow me success, and mine has been about 65-80 every day. I have walked or played basketball everyday. Excited about the future. Any thoughts?

peril is offline Senior Member
    Yes, keep it up. Also make sure that the little bits of privation don't increase. It is much easier to cut them out altogether at home, only allowing them when there is no easy alternative (eg eating out).

Finally, a slight change of mindset. You need to regard toxins as toxins. One can't be deprived of toxins. Makes it much easier to say no to them
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

jedikelly is offline Member
    Awesome! way to go

Bosstycoon is offline Senior Member
    Your doing so great! I am having great gains as well this week ! I feel I am doing great as well I rode my bike to my gym today and back also worked out..the trip was 6 miles there and back from my apt!!
    Started Primal November 20, 2011
    Slipped from Christmas-New Years
    January 2, 2012 until Death= 100% Primal/Paleo

Start Weight-210
    Goal Weight-Skinny with a 6 pack and lean all around

Journal.... http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread44612.html

congrats, on a good week!

KristjanMG is offline Junior Member
    Awesome results. You should be prepared though that the next week won't be as awesome, 10 pounds in 7 days implies that it was mostly water weight. Water weight goes quickly when starting a new diet, after that weight loss slows down.

But still, congrats

yeah, I am impressed about how I felt. I have never lost 10 in a week (aware alot of water weight) and I have been on a million diets. If I did lose 5-8 I was starved or restricted. Didnt feel that way this week- I could tell I fringed on ketosis a couple of times, but I did really small cheats to fill better ( bite of dessert, spoon of noodles etc.) and my carbs never excessed 80 grams. I like it and think I can follow it