Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My primal journey. page 2

Cavekelly is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Insane Grok -Every time I eat processed foods I get really bloated and gassy...with some processed foods i get a horrible migraine and body aches. I've also noticed that when I eat carbs then go to krav maga I am super slow and get tired fast. It is very motivational and I think I need to tap into that as motivation more than constantly reminding myself eating like this will make me fit....instead, eating like this will make me feel good and eating junk will make me physically ill.

My husband and I are going on a cruise in a week so we have decided to do this together starting today 80/20..then after the cruise we will be 90/10...I would say 100% but i know there are times when we will slip a little. I'm glad he is finally getting on board with me because it has been really hard to avoid temptations when he is eating food I'm addicted to!

So today Im fasting until dinner...Then its a big steak, mushrooms smothered in butter, and yum cauliflower mash! I'm fasting because I want to give my body a little time off...I've been eating so much processed carbs and sugars my body has revolted. So from now until 5ish its going to be green tea and water...

kcarol is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavekelly View Post
    So today Im fasting until dinner...Then its a big steak, mushrooms smothered in butter, and yum cauliflower mash! I'm fasting because I want to give my body a little time off...I've been eating so much processed carbs and sugars my body has revolted. So from now until 5ish its going to be green tea and water...
    Judging from your last posts, some people might say don't fast, but I think it's a great a idea! There's nothing like good ol' hunger that gets you craving hearty primal food. I know that semi-hunger can sometimes get me to crack, because when I'm only a little hungry, I'm not in the mood to eat a steak smothered in butter, but a bagel? Oh I could have 3.

If it makes you feel better, you sound just like me when I started. However, now it's different. I guess the difference is that I prefer paleo foods over CW ones. In the beginning I used to prefer CW, now it's kind of flipped.

Wait it out Cavekelly! Eventually you'll be on top.

Thanks Kcarol, the fast was great and the food at the end of the day was delicious. But, i went on a cruise from 3/4-3/11 and gave into all temptations and cravings...I gained 10 lbs and I'm soo puffy its not even funny! The food was disgusting and made me feel awful, I like primal foods 100x better than CW but I like to get lazy and eat whatever is easy so I fall back into CW habits even though it tastes bad and makes me feel terrible (I think I'm an addict)

B: Green tea & 3 eggs scrambled in butter
    L: rotisserie chicken
    D: Salmon, spinach in butter, broccoli
    Sleep: Not so great, 5 hours (we got in last night at 12 and I didn't fall asleep until 2)
    Play: Krav Maga

We need to do some serious grocery shopping tonight since we were out of town for a week we threw away everything in the fridge except eggs & butter. I have some meat defrosting for dinner but I couldn't pack a lunch so i'm going to go to the local grocery store and buy a chicken.

Insane Grok is offline Senior Member
    it does take time to get over the CW crap...i was at wendy's last week with an old friend and they made a frosty for no one and offered it to us. i used to love frosty's so much, so i figured its been like 2 months sense i have had one, i'll have a few bites..

well it did taste like crappy flavored plastic...i only got two bites and put it down. it really felt good, like i had defeated something inside of me

me and my family were very busy this weekend and needed to grocery shop, well on the way everyone was hungry and we stopped at a mcdonalds, well that will be the last time, we all barely ate anything (threw away all the bread at first anyways) but man the meat was terrible! we are finally getting so used to homecooked foods, that was another good feeling, leaving behind the old way of life

keep it up, it just keeps getting better

So yesterday was pretty awful, I had a terrible migraine and threw up a lot. I had some nice green tea in the morning and was planning on having eggs when i got to work and a salad for dinner. Well i made it to work but no eggs, I left early and went straight to bed. When i finally emerged my wonderful husband made me steak and cauliflower, I ate half and went back to bed.

When I got home from the cruise I weighed 167 (at night after eating all day), I weighed myself this morning and I weighed 155.5....water weight and bloat really add a lot!

Today my plan is:
    B: 1/2 steak cauliflower
    L: Big ass salad with avocado, eggs, onions,lettuce, tomatoes, and olive oil w/ vinaigrette homemade dressing. Chicken breast.
    D: Salmon, spinach in butter, broccoli.
    Play: Krav Maga
    Sleep: I got about 20 hours yesterday into today.

So 3 days fully 100 % primal, 2 days i had a bad bad bad headache, today I woke up with a ton of energy and feel fantastic!
    I didnt go to krav last night because I had such a terrible headache but I did go for a walk around the neighborhood with my husband and the dog. My hubby has also been fully primal for 3 days but he isnt interested in any of the reasearch about it.
    B: 3 pieces of bacon...1 egg scrambled in bacon fat ( i threw out most of what was made bc i wasnt hungry)
    L: Big ass salad: chicken,lettuce, onions, avocado, hardboiled eggs...homemade balsamic vingaerette dressing.
    D:baked chicken thighs, mushrooms sauteed in butter, caluiflower?
    Play: Planning on going to krav maga but we will see how i feel by the end of the day.
    Sleep:9 hours
    Weight: 155.5

Siouxzee is offline Member
    Hi Kelly,
    I can relate to your journal for several reasons - the big one is your size - I am just 5 feet tall, no, not 5'1", let's not kid myself. In my case I am 175lbs. (there I TYPED it!).
    I was also very thin throughout childhood, teens, gained weight in university, lost it, gained, lost it, but never over a size 10. First time I wore a size 12 was when I was pregnant with my son.
    My tale is one of steadily gaining weight since I had my son; after I had him I was 135lbs, which I would KILL (ok, not really) to be now, went to the gym several times a week, walked with son in his carriage etc., and just steadily gained weight over the past 9 years. I was 165lbs this time last year, and have gained 10 since the summer.
    I can be "good" for weeks or even months, and lose little to NO weight. I feel better, less pain, n o bloating NO stomach issues like heartburn etc, but no actual weight loss.
    Anyway, I am now 2 days Primal, and have walked the dog for 30 minutes up and down hills for 4 days. It rained heavily this morning, but I am hoping to get out again once it clears up.
    I can't do organic, just don't have the $$, can't face the comments from hubby over how expensive it is. I still find I can't eat fruit - this strange psychological thing from my Atkins days.
    Sleep is a definite issue for me - I am awake every night in the middle of the night for some time, up to 2 hours at times. I just recently ordered a Valerian supplement so am hoping that will help.
    Just wanted to say "hi" and that I can really relate to you and congrats on your 3 days!!
    Sue

Hi Sue! thanks for stopping by, we're neighbors...im like 10 minutes from the Canadian boarder with Ontario. I cant afford organic at the grocery store so we are budgeting for organic meat from a farm that ships. We have not ordered yet, probably next week when we finish all of the meat we have now. Best wishes going primal!

Siouxzee is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My husband just isn't supportive of organic food or this way of eating anyway. I think if I ever actually LOST a significant amount of weight, he would be more of a believer, but I've just gained weight, I have very high blood pressure, although it's medicated and a host of other health problems. He is about 30lbs over weight himself, eats junk every night, makes no effort at exercise, but you know how it's different for men!
    I used to cross the border to get wings at the Anchor Bar and Grill.
    Made it for a 3rd day! Hope you're doing well!
    Sue
    From Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
    New Member March 2012
    Height: 5'
    CW March 2012: 174lbs
    GW: 135lbs

My PB Journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread49705.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast