Thread: Essential Oils page

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member

Essential Oils

Primal Fuel
    I use Young Living essential oils for a variety of uses and ailments. Love them, especially if I can sub one and not take medicine

Anyone else use them?? How/When/Why do you use them. Which do you use most often and for what?

Some that I use peace and calm to help relax/destress and often before bed, I like the lemon, grapefruit and peppermints for my water. Sometimes a little lemon oil on the wrist is a nice destresser and energizer.

I have heard using basil oil or oregano when you have a cold, but not sure how- if you know, please fill me in.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Oregano oil is supposed to be an antiobiotic, but from what I understand, it's pretty powerful. I think the consensus was that it might be better to just use fresh oregano in your diet at lower levels as a preventative instead, but this is definitely not my area of expertise.

If you ever need to know how to get a snarling Rottweiler to back down, then I'm the woman you want to talk to.
    ;^)
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I took 2 drops of oregano on the tongue last night and for about 15 minutes, thought I was going to DIE!!!!

Fresh herbs in my diet?? Shirley you gest!!! LOL I am a salt and pepper girl most of the time.. chemistry was never a strength, in the lab or in the kitchen. Now you want to talk geology?? I am all over rocks and minerals.. hence salt.

snarling rottweillers??? they like puppy crackers!! My neighbor accused me of ruining his dog. After giving him a treat when I gave my own a treat, their dog started camping out on my front porch and guarding my house. LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Angela Goplen is offline Junior Member
    As a Paleo gal, and nurse, I'm always looking to go au-natural! I am a Young Living member, and everything I have been experiencing and hear about essential oils is nothing but positive! I TRULY believe that essential oils are an important part of a Paleo lifestyle! In keeping with the forum rules, I will refrain from spamming about them, as I am a YL member; so if you want to learn more about them, find me on google+ I can't thank Mark and his team enough for pushing the Paleo movement! Just as he is doing with his blogs and such, my enthusiasm for the Paleo lifestyle and essential oils makes me want to SHOUT FROM THE ROOFTOPS! I am constantly talking Paleo with the patients in my clinic!!!

darcy is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I love using young living oils. They have taken the place of medicine, for the most part, in our house. Oregano is a very hot oil! You need to dilute it with a carrier oil..

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum