Thread: Essential Oils page

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member

Essential Oils

Primal Fuel
    I use Young Living essential oils for a variety of uses and ailments. Love them, especially if I can sub one and not take medicine

Anyone else use them?? How/When/Why do you use them. Which do you use most often and for what?

Some that I use peace and calm to help relax/destress and often before bed, I like the lemon, grapefruit and peppermints for my water. Sometimes a little lemon oil on the wrist is a nice destresser and energizer.

I have heard using basil oil or oregano when you have a cold, but not sure how- if you know, please fill me in.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Oregano oil is supposed to be an antiobiotic, but from what I understand, it's pretty powerful. I think the consensus was that it might be better to just use fresh oregano in your diet at lower levels as a preventative instead, but this is definitely not my area of expertise.

If you ever need to know how to get a snarling Rottweiler to back down, then I'm the woman you want to talk to.
    ;^)
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I took 2 drops of oregano on the tongue last night and for about 15 minutes, thought I was going to DIE!!!!

Fresh herbs in my diet?? Shirley you gest!!! LOL I am a salt and pepper girl most of the time.. chemistry was never a strength, in the lab or in the kitchen. Now you want to talk geology?? I am all over rocks and minerals.. hence salt.

snarling rottweillers??? they like puppy crackers!! My neighbor accused me of ruining his dog. After giving him a treat when I gave my own a treat, their dog started camping out on my front porch and guarding my house. LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.