Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Solution to Fogotten Lunches: Primal Fast Food Choices page

jpickett1968 Guest

Primal Fuel

For those days that I forget to prepare my lunch (which seems to be occurring all too frequently lately!), I want to start this thread for those of us who would like suggestions on where to go or what to order, whether it be fast food or a sit-down restaurant. God knows this is not an optimum situation with the food quality, but it's merely an option.

I'll start! On days I forget to bring the lunch, I'll stop by Jimmy John's and order an Unwich, usually the Beach Club which has turkey, avocado, sprouts, etc. and its all wrapped up in leaf lettuce instead of the bun. Tasty and filling. I'll order it double meat most of the time for the protein and extra satiety.

OK - your turn!

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

IF

hehe

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

beckinwolf is offline Member

What I have done is order a chicken sandwhich and a plain salad. Throw the bun of the chicken sandwhich away, and then top the salad with the checkn breast. Always make sure to get the grilled chicken sandwhich instead of the crispy, otherwise you'll end up with breading.

Another option is going to a deli like Albertson's, Fred Meyers, Walmart, etc, and getting a couple pieces of chicken and a veggie tray. I've done that a few times. I usually end up getting a thigh, leg an a breast. I always eat the thigh and leg, then save the breast for later. I usually get the mini-veggie trays with carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower with ranch dressing for dip.

Carpe Diem!

hannahc is offline Senior Member

Jimmy John's is a good choice! I wouldn't get the sprouts though, blech. I'm a little sketchy on the "avocado spread" also, so I usually just go with a meat/tomato unwich option. Double meat is a must with the unwich, otherwise you're barely eating enough to qualify as a meal!

I'll usually just IF though

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Dagny is offline Member

I work at Fred Meyer's, so if I have forgotten my lunch, I either IF, or I order the baked chicken from the deli, usually either a breast or a couple of thighs, and buy a bagged organic salad and a lemon to squeeze onto the lettuce.

On a related note, a couple of weeks ago, they were having "associates appreciation week" and they had a salad bar one day, people looked at me funny for still packing my salad, but the crap that were calling salad was ridiculous! Most people had more croutons and ranch on their plate then the iceberg lettuce.

FairyRae2 Guest

You could do Panera and get a salad w/ chicken on it, as long as you bring your own dressing. (Their chicken is antibiotic/hormone free--not pastured though, and I believe the salads--w/out breadcrumbs or the side of bread--are gluten free.)

You could go to Chipotle and choose from any of their GRASS FED meats (yeah, how cool?!) on a salad, using salsa and guac for the dressing. I believe EVERYTHING cooked is done in soybean oil though, just fyi.

Acmebike is offline Member

Some joints have a good salad bar, or a grilled chicken salad, or chef salad. Always get the dressing on the side! And try to shoot for some olive oil/vinegar dressing. Ruby Tuesday's, Chilis, Bennigans, Hooters, TJ McPickleshitter's type places usually have some sorta salad option.

There's always a burger, or grilled chicken sandwhich, skip the bun and fries at any type of restaraunt you might be stuck with. Keep an eye out for veggie oil-ed up and sugar coated stuff (hotwings!)

If you can hit a grocery store, more options open up! Sardines, canned salmon, anchovies, cheeses, deli meats, etc.

If an Intermittent Fast suits the situation, not a bad way to go on occasion.

soror is offline Senior Member

Our local options are pretty darn slim- grilled chicken salad from BK, well if you are keeping strict gluten free anyway. I wish there was panera or chipolte around here.

Mama to 4, wife to my love

grandma is offline Member

My plan:

- sardines in the desk drawer

- taco stand: pork tacos and throw away the tortillas.

- greek deli: Souvlaki (lamb)on a salad.

- jamacian place: goat curry no rice.

- supermarket: Salad and Prosciutto or hard boiled eggs (trader joes has them). Sausage and peppers if they have it in the deli case.

- Sushi place: sashimi

- Chinese: avoid like the plague, last resort

I try to avoid deli meats and commercial salad dressings and foods obviously fried in soy oil (like Chinese takeout) Other than that I don't sweat the grain fed meat so much in these situations.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

PrimalCon New York

Rotisserie chicken.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast