Thread: Not Hungry, Not Eating Enough? page

charolais.bull is offline Junior Member

Not Hungry, Not Eating Enough?

Shop Now
    So I just recently started Primal on Tuesday (1/3/2012) and I feel pretty good. My energy level is pretty good and I finally lost the "carb flu" headache that dogged me for days 2 and 3.

Anyway, I've been keeping track of what I've been eating here and it seems like I should be eating a lot more than I am (Also I know I need to work in some more veggies). I've been eating when I'm hungry but generally I haven't really been getting that hungry since I'm not crashing my sugar all the time. I'm also wondering if I might have to modify the eat only when you're hungry mentality a little bit since I had WLS that took out most of the tissue that produces the apetite hormone ghrellin. Anyone have any ideas of suggestions?

Bosstycoon is offline Senior Member
    seems to be pretty well eating habit.. maybe not so much chocolate? but not totally sure...everything else looks good? whats your goal exactly? gain weight? maintain? fat loss?

I'm looking to get healthy really and I think that means losing quite a bit of weight (SW: 279.5, CW: 275.9, GW: 200-215) while changing my body composition. I have a rather large frame (as evidenced in XRays) so I'm wary of trying to drop below 200 but if I get there and and don't look emaciated then I'll probably continue.

I agree on the chocolate, I will be limiting it from now on (I just ate the last piece this evening) though I think it was helping with my psychological sweet tooth problem.
    Last edited by charolais.bull; 01-06-2012 at 08:40 PM.

Well, I seem to be doing better in getting closer to the numbers I should be hitting. I think I might start supplementing my protein just to make sure I hit that number since it seems the LM number I was using might have been a bit low (yay). Anyone else happen to have the problem where they're just not hungry enough to get anywhere near the calories the formulas tell us we should?
    Charolais Bull (I might need a new nickname if I lose enough)
    Start Date: 1/3/2012
    Start Weight: 279.5
    Current Weight: 273.8
    Goal Weight: 200

Note: I started my weight loss journey at a all time high 376 lbs in July of 2010. I Had WLS (Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy) in April of 2011 (353.9 lbs the morning of surgery) but stalled out around the beginning of October 2011. Found out about the whole Primal/Paleo movement in early December 2011 and here I am.

My Primal Journal