Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Primal Journal (Raclbaby2000) page

Raclbaby2000 is offline Junior Member

My Primal Journal (Raclbaby2000)

Shop Now
    Ok, here I go.

I guess my quest for answers to health, longevity, and happiness began December 12, 2009. That is the day I lost my father to a sudden massive heart attack while he was on a bike ride in Keene, TX. My father was an avid cyclist/mountain biker and I thought one of the healthiest people I knew. My daughter was just 10 months old when my husband and I got an urgent phone call saying my Dad had been taken to the hospital and we needed to get there as soon as possible. I had just talked on the phone with him a few hours before and was shocked. We immediately headed out to Keene's hospital which was the longest drive of my life. When we got there we were rushed into a small "family" room where a doctor finally came in after a few minutes and asked if "[we] were the girls?" We said yes please just tell us what's wrong. What happened? I fully expected to hear terrible news like he is in a coma, or somehow he got hit by a car and is critical. Something terrible, but not so permanent as death.

Since then I have had another child and I have been teaching 7th grade science full time while raising two children and keeping up a household with my husband. After finishing my last year of work with 2 small children under the age of 2 I decided to temporarily leave my job and focus on 3 things. 1.) my daughter Lilly 2.) My son Declan, 3.) my health. Losing my Dad and still grieving his loss, while working and trying to be a fun, happy, energetic parent to my children, and a loving wife to my husband was simply too much. And the loss of my Dad so suddenly helped me to realize that all my energy and focus was really not where it needed to be to have a fulfilling life. I LOVE being a teacher and I'm excited to return to it in a few years but I am so grateful that my husband is a hard worker and willing to do what he must to allow me quality time with our kids and time to work on myself. It is the greatest gift anyone has ever given me and I intend to do it justice. So here goes!

Current weight: 135.8
    *Goal weight approximately 110 (give or take some pounds
    Current energy level: Zapped out by afternoon
    *Goal energy level: Zapped out by bedtime, but tons of energy to chase and play with my kids during the day!

Tomorrow is a new day! I'm going to try to get my booty out of bed early to take a nice walk before the house hold is up!
    Raclbaby2000

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will."
    ~Vince Lombardi

Today I had an epiphany! I was more excited about buying spices than looking at the junk food they had to offer at the store! Hooray! Now, I am seriously looking for motivation/advice to get my 3 year old girl to eat meat!! She is a big carbaholic! Any ideas or recipes to ease her into primal?
    Raclbaby2000

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will."
    ~Vince Lombardi

Wink The page is up! Exciting for me! And I was quoted!

Sooooo excited to see the Success stories in the making page is up and out there! Also a little nervous, but mostly excited! I told my husband about doing this and he said "you know, this guy (Mark Sission) is creating a culture outside of what we think is good eating!" He said it with aww and enthusiasm. We are both really excited and passionate about committing to this lifestyle because in such a short time (about 2 1/2 months) we have seen some amazing changes in our health, weight, and overall well being! I can't wait for the journey to continue....
    Raclbaby2000

~Vince Lombardi

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raclbaby2000 View Post
    Today I had an epiphany! I was more excited about buying spices than looking at the junk food they had to offer at the store! Hooray! Now, I am seriously looking for motivation/advice to get my 3 year old girl to eat meat!! She is a big carbaholic! Any ideas or recipes to ease her into primal?
    If she's craving carbs try making carb alternatives. I made pancakes the other day with grated turnip, egg, and coconut flour. Topped with cooked apple and fresh blackberries. I was very happy with them and I think they could be kid friendly.

I've also had a lot of luck with the cookies on the holiday desserts post (Primal Holiday Desserts | Mark's Daily Apple) and my niece liked them as well. I added a tablespoon of agave and some pure coco to the recipe and found that that made them even better!

Yum! Thanks for the ideas! So far the primal/paleo deserts go over pretty good with her but meat is proving to be the toughest! She will eat just about anything else, several kinds of veggies, any fruit, any bread/pasta/carb etc. but big no on the meat. I tried having her "help" me cook to see if that would spark her interest. Worked once. Will definitely try finding some carb alternatives of her favorites. Thanks!
    Raclbaby2000

~Vince Lombardi

How to deal with social pressure?

Ok, so two days in a row we have had birthday celebrations. Now, I made sure to have good primal meals/snacks before the parties so hunger was not an issue. But how do you deal with the social pressure to partake? I mean being in a festive mood and munching on food while catching up with friends & family feels like a requirement. Anyone else get what I'm saying? Is it just a mental hang up I have?
    Raclbaby2000

~Vince Lombardi

Well, today was my first sprint. Wow was it fun/exhausting/weird/great! I'm trying to really tune in to the exercise part of primal this week. I feel like I've got a decent grip on the food. Although suggestions for snacks would be great! I ordered some YouBars and they were great but kinda high on the carbs. So suggestions please!!!
    Raclbaby2000

~Vince Lombardi

Primal Pot Roast with mashed parsnips/cauliflower! And a side of carrots, yum! Cheated yesterday evening with some pizza and found that I couldn't eat as much of it as I used to definitely notice a difference in my body when I stray form the primal diet. Also, have had a good week of exercise! Tomorrow is sprint day! I'm ready!
    Raclbaby2000

~Vince Lombardi

Ok, so I LOVE the food and how I physically feel on the diet, however, the scale is NOT budging right now I have recently really been trying to adhere to a workout schedule to make sure to exercise. Could this be causing my stagnation?
    Raclbaby2000

~Vince Lombardi

Sad to say I am a stress eater and today it go the better of me. But tomorrow is a new day and I will do better. Thinking of doing a strict 30 day Paleo/Primal challlenge to get my mindset right and get my body feeling right again.
    Raclbaby2000

~Vince Lombardi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast