Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Primal Journal (Raclbaby2000) page 2

Raclbaby2000 is offline Junior Member
    I did my first 5K today and I felt really good! I didn't run but walked while pushing a double stroller (with two kids in it!). I have to say I think my slow and steady exercise throughout the last few weeks has really paid off for me today! I felt good during the event, energetic even, after it was over. I wore my five finger shoes (LOVE THESE!). Overall a good day. The best part? It was a 5k in honor of my Dad's organ/tissue donation when he died. And the weather was exactly the kind he loved.
    Raclbaby2000

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will."
    ~Vince Lombardi

Well, my journey is still going strong. I have FINALLY pushed past my 2 month long weight plateau! Hooray! Despite the weight leveling off I have been losing some inches from my waist (which has always been my hardship)! I have recently fallen in love with green smoothies. I liked them before occasionally but now have at least one everyday! Even my stubborn kids will drink some of them too! For me this is quite a BIG deal since my oldest (3) has become a VERY picky eater and won't hardly eat veggies rich now. We call our youngest our cave baby because he eats anything and he LOVES meat!

My hubby and I recently had a "stay-cation" with another couple in Dallas and went to a VERY trendy club called Ghostbar. Now, I am NOT a club type of girl, never have been even in my younger days. My hubs and I met in high school and loved to party together then but always in a low key setting so I guess it just never evolved to the club scene? If that makes sense? Anyway, I was out the few days before the outing to find a dress I could wear and feel good in as well as look appropriate for the place. I tried a couple of stores and was disappointed in the selection but then finally found a LBD (little black dress) at the last one (figures!) at a sort of tween/teen store. Typically in the past I would get a large or (cough) extra-large at these types of stores. My dress was a MEDIUM! And it was NOT tight! It was a comfortable medium! That was a big moment for me (pun intended)! And the night we went to the club surrounded by bleach blondes with big fake boobs that were all (no joke) minimum of 5' 8" I did not feel self conscience! I felt really good about my dress and my overall appearance! Thanks to primal I was more confident than I have been in YEARS! Truly amazing for me, especially since I am 4' 11" all natural (no enhancements) and have a 1 and 3 year old! Ok, thats enough for today. Gotta say, wish I had discovered this YEARS AGO!
    Raclbaby2000

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will."
    ~Vince Lombardi

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wow, so it's been a while to say the least....But I am doing pretty good. On my "cheat" meals I am eating A LOT less then I used to which I take as a GREAT sign that my body is rejecting the junk more and more! My daughter ate a TON of my roasted mushrooms the other night AND tried my baked salmon (or as we call it "pink chicken"). That was a VERY successful night for me. My current weight was 132.4 so I am slowly (ok, VERY slowly losing) but MORE importantly KEEPING the weight off! I think my head may explode the first time the scale shows the 120s! But, more importantly, thanks to my choices that day IS coming soon!
    Raclbaby2000

~Vince Lombardi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12