Thread: Australian Primalists - Multivitamin of choice? page

Buzz71 is offline Senior Member

Australian Primalists - Multivitamin of choice?

Primal Fuel
    A question for fellow Aussies - I was taking Swisse Ultivite Multivitamins, but I've just read the fine print and realised that it contains gluten from oats.

Any recommends for truly primal compatible multivitamin supplements? Ditto for fish oil while we are at it.

Thanks in advance!
    Buzz71
    Come visit my blog about life, my journey and seizing the day: www.thecarpediem.net
    Read my Journal of Awesomeness!
    Follow me on Twitter: @Buzz_71 and @the_CarpeDiem
    My Primal slow movement challenge: 208.29km of 1000km completed in 2012!

PrimalGirlInOz is offline Junior Member
    Hi Buzz71,
    As a fellow Aussie I have found it a bit difficult to find really good quality Gluten/wheat/soy/dairy/nut free supplements. I now buy my Multi-Intense multivit and Fish oil from Charles Poliquin's website. It costs a little more to ship from the US but the quality cannot be disputed...

Thanks PrimalGirl, if I can't get any local recommends I'll google those!
    Buzz71
    Come visit my blog about life, my journey and seizing the day: www.thecarpediem.net

ljq309 is offline Senior Member
    I don't bother with multivitamins so I can't help with that. Supposedly the liquid fish oils that are in the fridge are better than the capsules. Unfortunately there is no way my kids are taking a spoonful, the eldest went green when he caught me licking the coconut oil off the spoon after putting some in a saucepan last night, so it's capsules for us.

I must have been feeling poor last time I needed to buy some as we have Aldi (Great Life Benefix) ones atm. I don't know how 'good' they are but they claim to be 'mercury tested' (whatever that means) and have 'no added sugar, starch, sodium, yeast, gluten, milk derivatives, preservatives, artificial colours or sweeteners'. And I should hope not! Although it also says 'contains trace amounts of soya' hmmmm.
    Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
    Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
    Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
    Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    I occasionally use a Fusion Health multi (no artificial colours/flavours/yeast/gluten/wheat/dairy), and my fish oil is made by Blooms (no added gluten/starch/yeast/sugar/milk derivatives/salt/artificial colour/flavour/preservatives). I think both these manufacturers make good quality stuff, as far as I know. Both are quite easy to find at bigger health food/supplement stores here in Melbourne.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Raine is offline Member
    You can't go past Ethical Nutrients, they are high quality, all of their products apart from the super b complex are gluten free. I use quite a few of their products.

FAQ which includes info on gluten etc: Frequently Asked Questions | Ethical Nutrients

This is their fish oil: Ethical Nutrients

And the multivitamins: Ethical Nutrients

sroelofs is offline Senior Member
    Blackmores.

mamacaz is offline Junior Member
    Hi Buzz,

I mostly get my supps thru a naturopath - that way I am taking exactly what I need and often getting a higher dosage too.

I take Medi Herb Everday B Multi alternating with Eagle Tresos B. if I forget to order I will get something from the health food shop (can't remember the brand, sorry)

As for fish oil, I always use Nordic Naturals, exxy but v good, 3rd party tested etc. cheap fish oil is at best a waste of money and possibly quite damaging (rancid oil anyone?). DH uses them for hayfever and he can tell the difference - he got some Blackmore's when he was away and they did bugger all, same w flaxseed oil. NN have a few different formulations - I like the higher DHA ones (my brain needs all the help it can get!)

Often the local health food shop will have a resident n/Path who might be able to recommend a good one, too.

HTH

Thank you everyone for your extremely helpful advice. I will take notes on the above with me to the local health food shop and discuss these options with them, I'll let you know what I end up with
    Buzz71

thaijinx is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    As recommend by Westin Price Foundation:

Wholefoods Australia - Supplements to boost your health and well being

They have multi-vits (no binders, no fillers, no gluten, no dairy) and fermented CLO and if you order enough ($100) postage is free. I recently made a fairly large order, and am very happy with the products... it's not the cheapest option though!
    Last edited by thaijinx; 01-07-2012 at 07:00 PM.