Thread: Juicing? page

Clymb is offline Senior Member

Juicing?

Is juicing beneficial? I know that you can get tons of vegetables and fruit that way and it's fresh, but isn't the "pulp" leftover or something? It just seems like a good way to get a lot of fresh produce in your diet (mostly vegetables, I wouldn't want a lot of fruit), but I wasn't sure if it's a good thing to do if you don't get the entire veg/fruit.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    eating the whole foods is much better. you'll wind up taking in a more sensible quantity for one sitting, too. removing the fiber also turns it into a fructose overload...

Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    eating the whole foods is much better. you'll wind up taking in a more sensible quantity for one sitting, too. removing the fiber also turns it into a fructose overload...
    I figured the fructose thing with fruit, but what about with veg? I just figured you'd eat so much more than eating it whole, hence more nutrients? Of course you would still eat whole veg/fruit, but I was just wondering if having some juice would be beneficial

deepglades is offline Senior Member
    I've juiced a lot in the past. We only do it occasionally now. The main reason we quit is that its expensive and a huge waste of food. You can throw $20 worth of food in the juicer and you'll only consume maybe half of it, and even then you're not nearly as full as you should be.

If you must drink it, emulsifying is the way to go. I'm not spending $500 on a Vitamix though :P

Quote Originally Posted by deepglades View Post
    I've juiced a lot in the past. We only do it occasionally now. The main reason we quit is that its expensive and a huge waste of food. You can throw $20 worth of food in the juicer and you'll only consume maybe half of it, and even then you're not nearly as full as you should be.

If you must drink it, emulsifying is the way to go. I'm not spending $500 on a Vitamix though :P
    Yeah I had wondered about emulsifying instead. Are there any blenders/processors close to being as powerful as the Vitamix???

deepglades is offline Senior Member
    Lots of them claim they do. I have a Ninja blender. It's supposed to. It doesnt.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by deepglades View Post
    Lots of them claim they do. I have a Ninja blender. It's supposed to. It doesnt.
    Lol! Well I guess I'll have to figure something out then