Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FabBecky's journey to Primal Fabulousness page

Fabbecky is offline Senior Member

FabBecky's journey to Primal Fabulousness

Primal Fuel
    I am on a journey to health and well being and happiness. I turn 35 November, 2012 and have spent the last 30 years overweight-obese, unhealthy, unhappy, and un-fabulous. I have a wonderful family - mostly supportive, sometimes a bit sabotage-y, you know how it goes.

I need to be healthy, I am tired of being tired and unhappy and 100lbs over weight. I want to play with my boys and have energy to add to my family - I really want more kids, but I refuse to have another unhealthy pregnancy. I want to look hot - I've never really accomplished that. And I want to be strong.

I am dragging my boys on the journey with me. It has been an adjustment for my 4yr old - he has asked for bread every day this week, but he ate his weight in grain free pancakes made from dried shredded coconut and walnut meal! I didn't even add syrup or honey, just really good pastured butter. It was the only night this week he said he was full after dinner - he has thus far refused to eat most of the primal food. However my 2yr old think primal is the best thing that ever happened to him

I have about 100lbs of scale weight to lose and would love to reveal the muscles I know I have hiding under this flab. I have also "discovered" running in the last 6 months - I know it is against Mark's primal directives but I love running. It makes me happy, and I would like to start running more races - I ran a 5K in October and want to tackle some 1/2s and Marathons next.

I will update my journey here and on my blog From Flab to Fab.

primal4fifty is offline Senior Member
    Do what makes you happy in your heart dear! There are plenty of experienced runners here how can help you tailor what you do for the best results. and you sound very fab already... looking forward to what primal living reveals... warm regards from another newbie, L

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    There is a lot of information scattered around the forums about converting kids over to paleo/primal eating, just FYI. Welcome aboard!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tlmorgan63 is offline Junior Member
    You go girl! I'm in the same boat only I'm going to be 49 this year. I'm starting my primal journal tonight! Hang in there and know we are not alone....isn't it great?

MikkiB is offline Senior Member
    Hi and welcome!!

Wow - so many replies to my thread already. It really makes me feel welcome. I will have to look for those thread on converting kids. I need to find a mac and cheese substitute for my carb loving 4yr old monkey boy. I have convinced him that bread makes him feel yucky (it really does) so at least we are heading in the right direction

MikkiB is offline Senior Member
    there are gluten-free macaroni noodles but I don't know how good they are. I'm not sure how'd you make a flour-free cheese sauce though.

We use rice noodles for spaghetti, it's carbs but at least gluten-free. We still give the boys a fair amount of rice- they can handle the carbs (they are 9,7,7), plus it's getting really expensive to feed them meat We use gluten-free flour, almond flour, and rice flour to make "primal pancakes" every few weeks. My youngest is gluten-sensitive but all my kids are very lean, so I figure they need some carbs for energy to grow.
    Hubby also made spring rolls with rice flour wrappers for New Years Eve and the boys absolutely loved them. The filling was mostly mild sausage and slivered carrots. Sometimes we also add ground shrimp or golden mushrooms, yummm! The only non-primal part was frying in peanut oil as it would have taken 20 bucks worth of almond oil to deep fry...

@MikkiB - Those spring rolls sound so yummy!

Primal-ness has gone fairly well the last few days. Helped by the fact that is is time for my monthly grocery trip so there are no non-primal foods in the house - although there is almost no food in the house... I asked my 4yr old what he wanted to eat this month - he said more pancakes and sausage I made him pancakes the other day for dinner with walnut meal and coconut flour and pumpkin and he went "nuts" for them. I have also found some supremely tasty chicken sausages with no chemicals or preservatives in them. This way I can send him to school full of good primal foods and soon with some yummy primal lunches too. Of course this means I have to stop lazing about in bed until it is time to get him dressed so I can pack a lunch and make him breakfast I have actually had a hard time getting him to eat meat for a long time, but when I started cooking primal meats (especially in the crockpot) he has started to gobble them down. The only non convert in the house will be the hubby. He has a serious cereal habit, but no health issues that would lead him to want to stop eating it. But he is supportive of what I want to eat/cook/feed the boys, so that is helpful.

Hope everyone is having a great day. Need to get my play in before I finish cleaning the house.

Ugh, so frustrated. Hubs was supposed to be home early early this morning, but is trying to stay up in the city to earn some more money. Unfortunately our groceries were planned to last until this morning, so I have no primal foods left, and a limited supply of food for my kids. I do not think I am ready for a full day fast just yet as I am pretty sure it would lead to a full on wheat/sugar binge. I have some nut butter, and about a pound of ground beef, so I am going to make Thai style meat sticks with a nut butter dipping sauce for dinner. I think the boys will at least try that, but that uses up the last of the food in the house, so they are delving into their father's cereal now. I would really prefer they stay sugar and gluten free, but that is not really an option today.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    PrimalCon New York
    Good luck today! Running out of food is always cause for low resolve for me too.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast