Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: FabBecky's journey to Primal Fabulousness page 5

missblue is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hi Becky and welcome!
    Sounds like you are off to a fine start. Great job so far getting kids to sample primal food--maybe next shopping trip stock up on a few canned fish / meat products for situations such as this. Finger Lakes area is so beautiful! One time I got lost in Lodi--a long story . . . I envy you the snow believe it or not as we have had none in So. IL this year.

Best wishes on your primal journey!

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    You are doing awesome - gonna be hot before ya know it girl!

Fabbecky is offline Senior Member
    So glad to have my MDA back! I was jonesing all weekend I swear. I have not done well with the leptin reset this last 3-4 days. This cold will not go away and I have no appetite or energy - even looking at a BAB has left me wanting to hurl. I have decided that since eating a Primal/Leptin-reset way forever sounds good to me that Iam not going to sweat the random day here and there (even 3-4 at a time) that do not fit the program exactly. I still ate primal, with no processed foods, low carbs - except for my homemade coconut oil "fudge" and even that I only had a little bit. And I did put a few lbs back on. But I realzed that I lost no weight (or even gained) between OV and TOM last month and then dropped 8lbs in a week as my body let go of all the water and what not it had been hanging on to. Overall it average 2lbs a week. If an AVERAGE of two pounds a week means I go 3-4 weeks with little to no change and then a downward plummet, I can deal with that.

Right now I just want to get healthy so I can breathe, and sleep without coughing for hours on end, and finally frickin' work out! I want to LHT, sprint and take long slow wogs so bad I could cry (WOG - walk&jog). But even walking up the stairs leaves me tired right now. As soon as my head clears and the coughing stops I am heading to the gym!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    HOW TO SURVIVE A STOMACH BUG… PALEO STYLE ONE FIT MOM: Pregnancy, CrossFit, Paleo and Parenting Thought this might help with recovering from the illness.

Coconut oil, oil of oregano, and cinnamon are very good anti-fungal, anti-viral, and anti-microbial agents, so if you can incorporate them into your diet, it might help you recover a bit quicker
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Thanks nameless I am finallt going in to see my doctor this afternoon. I am coughing so much I have pulled abdominal muscles. I can't sleep and (TMI warning) I end up peeing my pants a little every time I cough! (post-pregnancy joys).

My plan is to pick up a lot of greek yogurt, raw fermented sauerkraut and the like to restore my gut flora after the antibiotics destroy them.

Antibiotics (Z-pak) and super prescription cough meds to cover whooping cough and sinisitus. I am hoping that in a day or two this starts to go away and I feel like a person again. I have been so tired today that I want to cry. I did find some full fat Greek yogurt (to build back up my probiotics after the anti wipe them out) and I am going to supplement that with fermented foods and what not to restore gut health after the anti's wreck everything.

Singing from the rooftops mood today. I got out of bed on time (to my alarm, but eventually) I have lots of energy, I feel like a person and I am starting to smell things again. This makes me more excited than should be normal. Now I just have to get to the store to pick up things to ferment to heal my gut after my antibiotics
    Quote Originally Posted by L8F View Post
    ... I drank the fermented koolaid, and am totally on board...

I'm alergic to carbs - they make me break out in fat!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    That is so great Glad you are feeling better.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    It's so tough when the crud starts taking over. You've fought the good fight and now need to heal. Glad you are feeling better and it's also great that you know how to heal yourself from the antibiotics! Give yourself credit - you've done and are continuing to do very well

It's okay to toot my own horn in my journal right? Cuz, I am totally gonna do it

I weighed in this morning - 241.6!!!!!! It has been 5 years since I have seen that number on the scale. It is 5lbs heavier than when I got pregnant with my 4yr old, and I never lost all the weight from that pregnancy before the next two (one baby, one miscarriage).

I realized that I could feel my thigh bones last night as I was stretching in bed before going to sleep - not in an icky way, but in a - wow this is bone and not fat - way. I decided to take more measurements this morning, down another 7.125 inches all over. I feel so good and so happy and so... I can't even really describe it. Yay me.
    Quote Originally Posted by L8F View Post
    ... I drank the fermented koolaid, and am totally on board...

I'm alergic to carbs - they make me break out in fat!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast