Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FabBecky's journey to Primal Fabulousness page 2

Fabbecky is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    @Nameless -almost as soon as my 4 yr old ate the cereal he told me his tummy hurt. I knew I shouldn't have given it to him. I have decided to treat today as a primal-friendly carb re-feed day. Some sweet potatoes with coconut oil for a snack this afternoon, a boat load of frozen veggies stir fried into tasty goodness, and of course our Thai meat sticks later. Not a bad day, and it will help clean out my cupboards/fridge of anything that needs to be out. A nasty tummy bug has been going through the house and I think both my boys have re-succumbed today. Both are laying on the couch watching a Kim Possible retrospective. This seems to be a good day to snuggle and watch movies.

Sunday ended up being a day full of junk food. The one real meal I tried to make ended up un-edible, the boys and I ended up eating almost an entire box of cocoa puffs and not much else on Sunday. Blech, so gross. And I felt super awful all day. Yesterday I had about 4oz of cheese, 8oz of goat's milk, coffee with heavy cream, and 2 all natural chicken sausages - mainly because I spent the day shopping and restocking the fridge and freezer. I now have about 50lbs of various beef and pork products vacuum sealed in meal-making sized pouches. Enough for at least 31 days if not longer! I am going to make yogurt tonight, drain it Greek style tomorrow, and I think I can even use the whey I drain off to ferment some veggie so I have loads of probiotic filled foods. I feel much better after my mini fast yesterday and today (so far today tuna, celery, 2 eggs and more natural chicken sausage with a good primal chili on the stove for dinner!). I need to get some movement in, but I am not sure that is going to happen. I am still hopeful, but my TV and DVD player are occupied. I spent today lifting, loading and sorting about 12 loads of laundry, so I definitely got some work in! Right now I want food, shower, sleep - pretty much in that order, so I think that is how my night is going to go

I am not doing well this week in getting a filling primal breakfast into my 4 yr old before he goes to school. I need to work on getting up earlier to make him some breakfast and getting some movement in. I should be working out now but...

I am finally moving into a very small state of ketosis, but no movement on the scale yet. I am trying not to start a state of desperation, but it is hard. I still remember the first time I did Atkins, being away from home at college - instead of gaining the Freshman 15 I lost 20lbs. But I was on the crew team. I worked hard every day rowing and lifting heavy things. 15 years later my body is definitely not going to shed this excess weight without some movement. So I am going to hit my INSANITY workout hard, and take a long long walk with my 2yr old later (weather permitting) and lift some heavy things too. I can do this.

No movement in today. TV has been tied up since I got home this afternoon. I went to the doctor's this morning for blood tests and to figure out why I am so tired and can't lose weight no matter what I do. The doctor seems to at least support a primal diet. She asked if I ate a high protein diet and I said yes, and that I had cut out grains and ate a moderate level of healthy fats. She said my diet was spot on, so we would look at other factors.

I had a good day with primal cooking Rendered some beef fat, clarified butter into ghee, made bone broth, made yogurt, strained bacon grease, made grain-less granola... all in all, pretty good!

I am still here and rocking my primal self. I have gotten into a good rhythm with my eating - now I just have to work on the movements. Now that my kids are eating better too they are also getting up earlier - so early that I cannot beat them out of bed to do my workout! Right now I am focusing on making consistent food choices and fueling myself at the low carb end of primal. I will work on getting in some movement everyday more this week. I want to have good solid patterns set up before I start school again in a few weeks. My school schedule this semester is tough - pretty much 8-5 every day with just enough break time to hit the gym and get some good primal fuel into my body before the next class. I need to do really well this semester (it's my last one) so that I can get certified almost as I graduate and hopefully even get a job teaching summer school this summer.

I need to get back to work, there are so many things I would not have to deal with if we had a steady income... ran out of oil for my furnace this morning and it is in 20s to low single digits in this part of New York for the next few days. I need an emergency heap benefit that I cannot get for 2-3 days... If I had a job I would not have to worry about it because we could afford to set up a monthly oil delivery and not run out in the middle of the winter.

So the family is busting out the multi layers for the next little bit. Hopefully we get some heat soon. I am going to use this as a push to get a workout in later - nothing warms the body up faster than some exercise!

Day 2 of no heat...

I had every intention yesterday of working out, but the cold really sapped my energy. Coupled with the sinus cold/infection that finally I am just trying to stay warm and healthy and keep my kids warm. I am lucky enough to have a heater that works pretty well in their room, so it could certainly be worse, but I am hoping we get an oil delivery today and can get the heat working again before the weekend.

I have one more quart of bone broth in the fridge, so I am going to use that to make meatball soup with either spinach or broccoli - sort of Italian wedding soup without the pasta. Get some much needed warmth, vitamins, and minerals into me and the boys so we can get through this. I am really going to try to get some movement in today too. I have a belly dance DVD I have been meaning to check out, now is a good time. Soon I can have sexy moves and eventually a sexy body to go with those moves! Really surprise my hubby - make him sweat!

Mud Flinger is online now Senior Member
    Wow, no heat in the winter - you have me counting my blessings today! Cleaning house is my go to when lazy/unhappy. It warms you up and I feel like less of a slug

I really need to clean my kitchen, but it is only about 35 in there right now, so I am concentrating on snuggling up my boys Although about nap time I think I will clean the boys room - with their heater going it is not too bad in there. By the time the 2 yr old falls asleep I will be warmer and maybe even motivated

Day 3 no heat... and now we won't be able to get oil before Monday afternoon. If my hubby cannot get home today so we can get some kerosene for the furnace I may have to call my dad and have him come get me and the boys so we can get warm.

I am trying to eat well - and doing good so far - but I am too cold to stand in my kitchen and cook, so it is getting hard to keep primal. I managed to make a big pot of soup yesterday and have been eating that non stop. I will have to thaw my soup bones to make more bone broth today to make sure we can keep eating healthy soup.

I did finally get a little movement in yesterday. Did some of my belly dancing DVD. It was not bad, but it was way too slow and I got pretty bored. I am going to try to move my NordicTrack ski machine (I have had it for 18 years and sadly do not use it like I should) into the living room today so I can watch a movie with the boys while getting some more movement in.

Final got oil... and te furnace won't ignite! But that's okay, somehow we will get this taken care of. Heck we are getting used to being cold I guess

On the Primal front, I finally got nekkid and weighed myself this morning - down to 251.4! This is the lowest I have been in nearly 2 years! AND when I saw my MIL yesterday she commented that I "lost a lot of weight" so I took some measurements too - down about 1" each for bust and chest, and nearly 2" on hips and waist - and I have NOT been exercising this month, at least not with regularity. I feel so good this morning. Even if my hands are cold

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast