Thread: How to kill the "demon".... page

goin2befit is offline Member

How to kill the "demon"....

Primal Fuel
    How to kill the demon once you've managed to wake it up. I'm not sure but I can't seem to get my body going these days. I do good until I eat and I just seem to be off. Not sure but I have had more chicken then beef. I have also added cheese which is causing cravings, but how to I shut it up once I've woke it up! I've tried downing water, eating some meat/fat, and I still just want to go on a quick trip to the store to find the cookie jar... help! PS Willpower is not in my vocabulary!

bobbitt81 is offline Senior Member
    There's no magic potion.

You can set yourself up for success by planning and eating good food, but at the end of the day, it's about self-discipline and choices.

Do you have a structure? Do you have goals? Do you have a support network? Do you have coping strategies? Those all set you up to make more positive choices.

otzi Guest
    Once you get control, it's very liberating! I used to be the king of snackers! I always felt hungry. I would eat 3 meals a day, high carb, low fat and thousands of calories between meals in the form of slim jims, cookies, crackers, cheese, peanut butter, leftovers, popsickles, ice cream, all that crap. When I first started PB, I would count calories using FitDay and allot myself some room for primal snacks as long as it fit into my macro ratios and total calories. This worked pretty good, but I still thought about food all the time and frequently slipped.

As I started losing weight and getting ahead in the game, the slips became less frequent as I could see they were a step backwards. I also had enough control to stop counting calories and start IF'ing. I now eat only twice a day (noon and 6pm). I have absolutely no cravings for snacks between meals. I keep a jar of coconut oil mixed with 100% bakers chocolate in the cupboard and have a couple scoops of this after supper and that satisfies my sweet tooth for the day.

The more informed I got on why certain foods are bad for you, the less I wanted them. You'd have to pay me a lot of money to eat a jelly donut!

activia is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by goin2befit View Post
    How to kill the demon once you've managed to wake it up. I'm not sure but I can't seem to get my body going these days. I do good until I eat and I just seem to be off. Not sure but I have had more chicken then beef. I have also added cheese which is causing cravings, but how to I shut it up once I've woke it up! I've tried downing water, eating some meat/fat, and I still just want to go on a quick trip to the store to find the cookie jar... help! PS Willpower is not in my vocabulary!
    Work on your mind. When you think of cookies, instead thinking of a yummy primal dish/snack (redirection), you can also look at the cookies and envision how you would FEEL afterwards (ie like puking, stomach knotty, sinus ache etc). This will not be automatic, you will need to train yourself to do this, but once you do it will become second nature.