Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Here to Support Hubby page

hippie_mama is offline Member

Primal Fuel

Hey there! I'm not into the Paleo diet thing myself *ducks* but my husband has been following it for over a month now with really great results (weight loss + general health benefits). I'm pretty sure he thinks i'm crazy for not joining him, but (at least for now) i don't think it's for me.

Anyway, the first month was pretty rough, but i'm slowly getting used to the bigger grocery bills (ow, btw), sharing kitchen space for the prep of two separate meals, and trying really hard not to take it personally that he won't eat what i cook anymore. He's happy, and i'm getting over the rest.

What i'm here for is to get a better understanding of what 'going Paleo' is all about, and snag some recipes so he'll let me cook for him again. I'll probably lurk for the most part, but wanted to post an intro.

So...hi

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Hi and welcome! For recipes, check out the current thread about Primal blogs -- many of us post recipes pretty regularly.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Awesome; i'm sure my favorites button will get a workout today

hannahc is offline Senior Member

Also check the Archives section of the website, and go to Recipes. There are some really wonderful ones to choose from! My personal favorites are the jambalaya, the chili, and the stuffed eggplant. Oh and the Primal Energy Redux bar recipe, though I change it quite a bit.

Hopefully you'll decide to join us soon

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Hippie Mama- Welcome! I think it's great your here to support hubby. Very open minded of you.

There are gazillions of recipes floating around here. I'm sure you'll find anything you need, and if not, feel free to ask. I'm sure somebody will have an answer. There's such a HUGE variety of knowledge from the forumites.

I agree with Hannahc. It would be great to have you join us someday. It's such a healthy lifestyle. Very liberating really.

Again, welcome!

Double-A is offline Junior Member

I have to say that I'm jealous - everyone I know (IRL) thinks I'm crazy; I'm very thankful for the friends I've made here. They keep me sane and from feeling too alone.

So, cheers to your support. This lifestyle can seem extreme from the outside, but at the heart its very down to earth and simple. Watch hubbie's progress for a while... then... just try it. One month.

maba is offline Senior Member

Welcome Hippie Mama. I echo Aaron's words, give Paleo a shot when you're comfortable with it and enjoy the health benefits. Here are Mark's Primal recipes:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/category/recipes/

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Aaron, no worries. Everyone is crazy. Everyone. Some just hide it better than others.

erstad17 is offline Junior Member

Welcome. It's really great to have a supporting spouse.

Wow, the vast number of recipes i'm finding (i've been at it for more than three hours and i'm almost out of index cards!) is very encouraging. It's nice to think we can share at least half of our meals as a family again, with just a little bit of planning.

Speaking of, are there any recipes that you guys have found especially palatable to children? Our kids (ages 8, 6, and 4) aren't picky eaters (they'll try anything once), but i would appreciate any words of experience.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast