Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Julz page

Julz is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal - Julz

Shop Now
    I'm just starting this way of life after getting really cranky with being fat, especially when it doesn't seem to matter how much exercise I do. Last time I lost weight was eating low carbs, low fat and high protein type diet, but I found it a bit stressful and couldn't face doing it again. I have been following the primal blueprint guidelines for three weeks now and am finding it so easy, its like I've been given permission to eat all the things I missed most in the last diet, mmmm eggs and cheese and bacon mmmm
    First thing I noticed was not feeling cravings, the food has been satisfying and I don't have to bother with complex meal plans and recipes, just been keeping it simple so far with meat and veg.
    I have lost five kilos in the first two weeks, thats with cheating a little over christmas with plum pudding, then this week my weight has stayed steady, but the fat percentage on my scales has been going down, so am guessing this is a good thing. First two weeks I was soooo thirsty, just couldn't get enough water and I was getting really cranky if I found myself out without water. I usually drink loads of water anyway, but this was crazy. Then all of a sudden I was normal again at the start of this week. The two other weird things I have noticed are that I feel itchy in areas that have excess fat (tummy and hips) and my eye has started twitching this week, might be because I need a good multivitamin.
    I am lucky to work outside and am doing the slow walking thing most of the day in the fresh air and sunshine, mowing and brush-cutting. I have been going to a spin class at the gym once a week, think that will count as sprints and I play with my wii fit. I'm going to the gym today for an assessment, I am going to ask to get a simple free weights program that will work my whole body in a short amount of time. I actually have quite strong legs, I think I need to concentrate on my fat tummy so I can find those muscles again and on my upper arms, because my lower arms are quite strong.
    I am mostly feeling great and have found it fascinating to read through all of the information on these forums, its been illuminating and life changing

My first goal is to lose some weight and fat by the end of Feb, as I am going on a three week holiday to Phuket, meeting up with my boyfriend who I haven't seen for more then a year. So I want to look as good as I possibly can by then, my goal is to be 90 kg at most and down at least a dress size, shouldn't be too hard as its my belly that is holding all that weight and it seems to be shrinking a bit every day. I am 98.2kg today, so about 8 to go.
    Luckily my boyfriend loves me no matter what size I am, but I'm doing this to make me feel better.

primal4fifty is offline Senior Member
    Hi! I just started a journal too. Like you, I like the simplicity of this way of eating, whilst experiencing a lot less hunger. And my mum always made a homemade plum pudding at the holidays (now deceased, from Manx emigre stock). I would not be able to resist a bite of that plum pudding! So, a worthy cheat... Best of luck to you with your new journal. I will look back in... L

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Phuket
    I'd love to go there. Then I could use that phrase all I want without getting my wife's elbow to my ribs.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Good luck with your journal too, such a good idea to chart the journey

Went to the gym for an assessment today, it had been seven months since my last Mostly good, I have a large percentage of muscle for a woman apparently, but it has dropped a few percent from last time, my fat needs to be reduced by about ten percent and my water level was quite low. I drink loads of water, but am really active and sweating all day at my work so it was recommended to try an isotonic solution to put back salts and minerals, hopefully that will help my body to retain water. My blood pressure was 124/84 and my resting pulse rate 60, down from 80 last test. Got all my measurements taken again, they were either couple cm more or less then last time.
    I am booked in to get my weights program, I'm just going to do a couple of half hour sessions a week if I feel like it Also before I start I am booked in to learn how to switch on my pelvic floor muscles properly before lifting weights, that will be interesting because I know mine are weak since giving birth and apparently it makes a big difference to the effectiveness on your core muscles when exercising if your pelvic floor muscles are switched on properly. All new to me.

Did RPM this morning before breakfast, I'm finding it great with the big mixture of sprints and resistance and no two sessions are the same. Then I came home to the yummiest bacon and eggs ever, then some blueberries and strawberries in cream and a coffee. I think I'm going to make something chickenish later, with mushrooms and capsicum and broccoli and some more of the mashed "potato" I made last night from pureed cauliflower. The little one seemed to like that, she doesn't eat potato at all, smart girl, not even chips. It seems to make the meal come together sort of, and soaks up all the yummy meat juice really well.
    My eye is still twitching like mad, it is driving me crazy. I don't know if it is a vitamin deficiency, I have been taking extra magnesium in case it was that, otherwise I don't know.
    Now I am going to do some extreme house work as quick as I can, then if it not raining might go for a nice walk to the park with lil Miss K and Mr Raffe who needs to get his four legs moving.

Oops I wasn't too good today, I think I ate way too much fruit. There was watermelon, grapes, strawberries, lychees and rockmelon which I had throughout the day as it was hot. Lunch was chicken sausages, broccoli and brussel sprouts steamed and a plate of raw celery, carrots and capsicum with a dip made from cream cheese and natural peanut butter. I'm not really hungry for dinner so will leave it at that.
    Went to the market and had a nice stroll around in the sun, buying some local worms for my worm farm. Then did a bit of gardening and some handyman stuff before collapsing in a sweaty heap with a book.
    Back to work tomorrow so will be getting loads more exercise and eating a bit better, if I can remember to pack my lunch this time! Then off to the gym to learn how to switch on my pelvic floor muscles to make lifting heavy things safer and more effective for me.
    I had no idea of the carbs in the fruit I ate today, so will just look them up on the database.
    Watermelon: 6.4g per 100g
    Lychee: 16.2g per 100g
    Grapes: 15.5g per 100g
    Rockmelon 5.7g per 100g
    Strawberry 3.9g per 100g

Anyway I know that heaps to much sugar and not enough protein for the day, tomorrow will be much better

am feeling really great, its now my 5th week of being primal and I am starting to feel some benefits. I have stopped being sooo thirsty and I feel like I have been set free from the fog and tiredness I used to find normal. I am much less hungry and I don't crave carbs at all any more. I haven't lost much weight, but that has been because I have been eating too much as I get used to this diet, now I am feeling stable with it I am cutting down on the amount eaten and having short fasts when I'm not hungry, really trying to listen to what my body is telling me.
    This week I am finding I am losing some weight every day, though its only been two days so far And the scales tell me my body fat has dropped by 3% since I started.

Project-Frankie is offline Junior Member
    Hi Julz, nice to see some Aussies here. It's great when the benefits start to kick in isn't it? My body adapts quite quickly to low carb as I've done it before and it must remember (and like it). I usually get over that thirst and fogginess in a week but it takes a couple of weeks before my muscles stop feeling like jelly. Just about over that now as into my 3rd week.

Yep journalling is an awesome idea!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast