Thread: How to answer people page

sebzzz is offline Member

Shop Now

Hey guys!

Just wanted to know how you answers questions or comments such as:

- We live much older now;

- We are taller than ever;

- Athletes are better than ever and are fed loads of carbs;

- If fish is so natural, why would people be allergic to it.

I'm fed-up sometimes to put up with all the nonsense surrounding nutrition, but sometimes, I just can't find a logical answer and I miss a chance to make a good point.

Thanks!

Get great paleo diet lifestyle tricks, recipes and cooking tips. My contribution to the paleo movement.

jkilbane is offline Junior Member

to the "we live much older now" claim: http://donmatesz.blogspot.com/2010/0...xpectancy.html

Stabby is offline Senior Member

1. Sanitation and housing, medical care, and a lack of having to engage in frequent mortal combat.

2. Not sure.

3. Athletes are not being fed more carbs than they used to.

4. I don't follow. Some people have carrot allergies. It would appear that people can have allergies to natural foods.

Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

erik.cisler is offline Junior Member

Paleolithic hunter-gatherers were actually taller than us.

Average life expectancy is just that - an average, a mean. High infant mortality brings down the average; there were plenty of elderly Groks.

Elite athletes are the exception. They are the elite. Tell your friend to check out the average mall denizen and then say "Modern people are better athletes on average" with a straight face. While he's at it, have him take note of what they're stuffing their faces with. It ain't steak and salad.

As I understand it, infrequent allergies are just aberrations, whereas you have entire populations who aren't able to tolerate lactose.

grandma is offline Member

1. %95 percent of wounded soldiers died from their wounds in the US civil war, only %1 in Desert Storm. Emergency medicine has dramatically changed our lives

2. 'nuf said.

3. I think athletic ability has more to do with economics. Or maybe it is just steroids.

4. ditto for wheat.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

1. antibiotics, hygiene, antidotes, lack of predators

2. very relative

3. very relative

4. allergies, as far as I'm concerned, are triggered for the most part by chronic inflammation. Chronic inflammation is triggered by o-6 and fructose.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

sebzzz is offline Member

Thanks guy!

Good points about why we live longer.

Feeling good reading your answers while eating a Bison steak!

Get great paleo diet lifestyle tricks, recipes and cooking tips. My contribution to the paleo movement.

buffalo is offline Junior Member

1. Not having to sleep outside on the ground every night. Or eating an animal that one of the lazy cavemen dragged through the place where the tribe poops. Although another good response to this is that after we took up agriculture, the average age dropped from 30 down to 19. Although this might not have been due to grain consumption, but instead "chronic cardio" which the slaves who built the pyramids unwittingly participated in.

3. The book "Manthropology" challenges the idea that we are more athletic than we used to be, by looking at old fossil records which indicate things such as, "Australian aboriginals threw a hardwood spear 110 meters or more (the current world javelin record is 98.48)."

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE59D0BR20091014

But humans are inherently egotistical. We like to think that us, or our current society, is smarter and stronger than some dumb, dirty, ignorant caveman that lived 50,000 years ago.

grandma is offline Member

re: allergies does anyone know of allergies to beef? I've never heard of it.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

2. The fossil record shows a marked decrease in human height and bone strength that directly coincides with populations adoping an agricultural lifestyle and grain-based diet. We're not taller than ever, we're just starting to get back to where we were thanks to widespread availability of meat.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast