Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to this Primal thing page 2

TheCasualWarrior Guest

Primal Fuel

Amen, Minxxa! I was going to suggest to start out by walking. . .walking as often as possible.

Here's a link to one of Mark's 10 Primal Laws:

Primal Blueprint Law #3: Move frequently at a slow pace

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/health-benefits-moderate-exercise/

Enjoy.

Vegemighty is offline Junior Member

So, I was telling my health conscious friend that I was on the new diet and I said that the main thing is that grains are forbidden. And his reaction wasn't supportive. I beleive he said something like "You need carbs" and then said I shouldn't believe everything I see on the internet.

sigh... I guess the best way to prove him wrong is by living the primal life and getting results.

Also my girlfriend, said that carbohydrates are the best way to get energy. I'm not sure if thats true or not, but even so, that doesnt mean I need them.

But I had a delicious ribeye, side salad and fresh veggies from Outback today. Even that complimentary bread can't stop me now.

erstad17 is offline Junior Member

You can get your carbs from veggies instead. Sounds like your friend still believes in CW (Conventional Wisdom). You'll come across that ALOT.

Vegemighty is offline Junior Member

oh I forgot to mention that he also said that back then people were malnourished and didnt live as long. I explained that it was on average and that he must take into account the effect of childhood deaths and traumatic injuries. But he said that he knows because he took Anthropology. But, I didn't really have anything good to refute him. Just what I heard on this site.

Minxxa is offline Senior Member

PrimalCon New York

Well, first, be prepared for people to throw things like "you need carbs for energy" at you. Ask them why, and what research they have that supports it.

During the long pause while you wait for them to figure out how to answer... check out Mark's archives. Read about grains, read about carb burning vs. fat burning and insulin. Basically your body can burn carbs, but it's more efficient when it burns fat. And carbs make your insulin levels rise and drop, sometimes dramatically which causes all kinds of interesting things to happen (including, at some point, insulin resistance and diabetes).

I know what they mean about not believing everything you read on the internet (even though the people who say this tend to believe whatever they read and/or see on tv!), but the good thing about this site is there will be tons of actual scientific research going along with the information.

Mind you, the people that you are talking to most likely won't read the research and won't be convinced to believe anything other than what they do. Even though they most likely don't have any research to support it! :-)

But reading the research will help YOU feel you're doing the right thing. Along with feeling more energy than you knew you could have.

"Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12