Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: ★ ★ ★ Challenge Yourself: Do a Pull-Up in 2012 ★ ★ ★ page 21

artyscat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hello ! I would like to join this challenge, and co-incidentally urban forager am also 52 ! so it's really encouraging to hear what u can do. Am using a gym machine at the moment doing dips and chin ups with half my body weight...planning to get a bar to fit on a door at home , not sure I could even do 1 chin up for real yet but do fancy being able to so great this challenge is here !

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the challenge artyscat! Having the pull-bar in the door way is great because you can work on chin-ups any time.

If you haven't seen it yet I highly recommend Mark's video on how to do a pull-up.

How-To: Proper Pullup/Chinup Technique | Mark's Daily Apple

artyscat is offline Senior Member
    Thanks so much urban forager for that link that's so nice of you ! I haven't seen it before so was v useful...

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    I'd like to join the challenge. I can barely get through level 1 of PBF pull-ups right now, so I'm not sure I'll make it. But I've been trying to do a couple when I take my kids to the park too.

Quote Originally Posted by artyscat View Post
    Thanks so much urban forager for that link that's so nice of you ! I haven't seen it before so was v useful...
    You're welcome, good luck with your chin/pull-ups!

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Are you working on pull-ups (palms facing a way) or chin-ups (palms facing you)? I've been working on chin-ups as they are a little easier. I started by jumping up to the bar; at first that's all I could do but after while I was able to hold myself there for a few seconds. Next I worked on negatives, lowering myself as slowly as possible, over time I was able to do it in 8-10 seconds. I just kept working on that and then one day I thought I would just try a chin-up and sure enough I could do it.

I started in February never having done 1 chin-up in my life, I'm 52. Now I am up to 5. The negatives really work!
    I'm working on pull ups. They are easier for me to do. I broke my right elbow several years ago, and it is more difficult for me to do chin ups.

I have been working more on negatives and using the band that we have. I've also been doing lots of Australian pull ups, and with the first one I can get my chin almost to the bar! I'm hoping soon I'll have myself over the bar each time.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    I'm working on pull ups. They are easier for me to do. I broke my right elbow several years ago, and it is more difficult for me to do chin ups.

I have been working more on negatives and using the band that we have. I've also been doing lots of Australian pull ups, and with the first one I can get my chin almost to the bar! I'm hoping soon I'll have myself over the bar each time.
    You're doing great! Makes me think I should try working on pull-ups with a band.

adzaxkan is offline Junior Member
    Sign me up.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Knifegill -- sounds awesome. Just searched YouTube to see what a clapping chin-up is. Daang.

EmeraldRose -- I'm there too. Still workin' on it.

AliceAnne -- nice progress! I should try that progression myself. So you're still using a band -- can you do one without it, even kipping? If so, I'll star you up as a success. :D

Paleobird -- not TOO thriving as I keep vanishing! Sorry, everybody...

UrbanForager -- ooh, ★ for you!

Everyone -- thanks for the tips!

Added today:

• MissPiggy
    • becks83
    • artyscat
    • teach2183
    • adzaxkan
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wow I'm way late to the party but I'm in if I can be! I wonder if I could get one pull up by the end of 2012? I can do about 3 chin ups from I guess it's an L position (arms not all the way extended)? But no go on pull ups. I tried some of the tips from the other thread so I'm working on it! Think I might get some of the bands to help...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast