Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ★ ★ ★ Challenge Yourself: Do a Pull-Up in 2012 ★ ★ ★ page 2

pbj
    pbj is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Totally In!

pbj
    my info:

If you can't tell the truth about yourself, you can't tell it about other people --- Virginia Woolf

My journal

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Cool, I'm adding people as they post here.

I just realized I didn't give any background for myself. I joined the thread first thing last year, and between pregnancy recovery and general laze, I managed to totally fail to bother to train to do a pull-up. So, I gotta get cracking. Here's to 2012!
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Bosstycoon is offline Senior Member
    Since going primal i can do 2 pullups. prior to primal i could barely do one! i hope to be able to do 10 within a month!!!!

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Very cool, congratulations for already achieving this, Bosstycoon. Any suggestions for us?

Turnstone is offline Senior Member
    Count me in. I have a pull-up-bar at my door since November, and at first I thought I could do a pull-up by Christmas. Oh I was wrong! I still can't do more than 5 assisted pull-ups. Well, I hope next Christmas I will be able to do one or two
    Turnstone

Lily is offline Junior Member
    What is the reason for not working to failure that she emphasizes in the video?

Thanks!

This is one of my big fitness goals, to be able to do 1 pull up!

Bosstycoon is offline Senior Member
    Ive stuck to alot of body weight exercises and a strong diet to really develop muscle mass and memory. The machines at the gym that assist you doing a pull up are so amazing. I do a circuit of simplefit 3 days a weekl of 2 pull ups 6 push ups 10 squats x5 sets

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Resurrected!

I remember not being able to do a pull-up one year. I was really fat. Went to the park, saw the monkey bars and tried one for old time's sake, but failed. That made me so angry, I just stuck out my balls and did one, red-faced and sloppy, for spite. Started doing them every night and didn't lose any weight (which I now understand) but did get up to 40 reps by the end of that year. I did it "incorrectly" by body-building standards. I just walked to the park every single night after dinner, rarely taking any days to recover. Perhaps my vast fat reserves and living on ramen noodles, beer and weed made muscle recovery easier somehow. That, and abjectly disquieted, forlorn, tormented and infinite teenage rage concentrated and refined into a purity that would have killed lesser men even in their prime. The kind of anger that wakes you up in the night because all you feel is oppression and rejection, watching rich kids go to college and get cell phones, girlfriends and basically have a perfect life handed to them through no merit of their own, knowing you've done nothing to deserve the dirt life you were handed by incompetent parents and a lackluster education. That's motivation, healthy or not.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

MikeEnRegalia is offline Senior Member
    Here's some tips in the form of yet another "how to improve pull-ups/chin-ups" video:

How To Do More Chin Ups - YouTube

Fun to watch, plus the tips are helpful!

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    I had already submitted a picture and goal in response to the "challenge" blog post earlier this week and the goal was simply to be able to do a real, honest to God pull up by the close of 2012. The underlying goal would be to lose the last 15 and build some muscle. Good luck to all.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast