Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: ★ ★ ★ Challenge Yourself: Do a Pull-Up in 2012 ★ ★ ★ page 19

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    I am soooooooo close now, I managed a very sketchy one today, but there was a lot of leg swinging involved to get me up, I'm not counting it till it's straight up no messing kicking my legs about.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!
    I done one full propper pull up, chin over the bar, no swinging legs, no jumping up or anything. I'm propper pleased with my self.

Now I aim to be able to do the full 12 by then end of the year

How's everyone one else doing?
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

AliceAnne is offline Member
    Hi Jenny! Please add me to the list.

I finally read through this thread and it is so motivating! Great job everyone!

I started doing assisted pullups with resistance bands (at crossfit) at the end of March. Started with a green and blue band and have worked down to green and purple as of Monday. Today I did 16 assissted (green band only) weighted (10 lbs) pull ups. This alone made me feel so confident!

Also wanted to say that I love how you've organized the structure of the thread with everyone participating listed and the advice that follows.
    "Quit waiting for everything to be perfect. You have everything you need right now." - makingthingshappen.com

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/member82937.html

PrimalJosh is offline Member
    Not sure how everyone is going with this, but I got there last week.
    Wasn't a great pull up and a I kipped a bit, but I know it'll get easier and easier every time. Why? Because I started with chin ups as my first goal and now I can do four in a row.
    Believe and achieve.

BigChris is offline Senior Member
    I’m in ... would love to be able to do a pull up … but a last only at brief Grok-hang stage, need to strengthen everything especially joints but also including grip just to hold my weight …. Thou I am also doing 5x5 200lb lat pull downs figuring at some point the weight loose and strength gains will meet then ….wahhooo
    04/23/2012 Initial Weight : 445 lbs
    06/27/2012 Current weight : 403 lbs
    07/29/2014 Goal weight : 200 lbs

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member
    Hoping it isn't too late to join? My husband put up a bar for me in our garage and I can't wait to start trying!
    Journal

Starting: 207lbs | Current: 176lbs | Mini-goal: 172lbs | Ultimate Goal: 130lbs

Count me in! Husband comes back from Afghanistan in December (ish... Army does what army wants!) And I have this vision of doing a pull up or two for him! He'll be so impressed :-) there is an awesome set of bars at the playground at the different heights which will make jumping up for negatives easy. I was using the machine at the gym but after advice I are on here I won't use that much. I also own trx type straps, which I made myself, so that will help with graduated australian pull ups and push ups. Currently able to do zero pull ups or chin ups, and only sloppy knee push ups! Goal: one pull up, seventeen real push ups. I heard that in the army women have to do seventeen in two minutes so that's my goal.
    ~Mollie

Started PB on Monday, June 4. I'm focusing on my health in 2012, including taking natural supplements, zumba and strength training, regular church attendance and studying the Bible, spending time with good friends, and reading more. I want to see what health milestones I can achieve this year!

Starting body fat - 41%
    Starting weight - 170 lbs
    9/4 body fat - 33%
    9/4 weight - 150 lbs

I did 5 Aussie pull ups (waist high bar) and two "jump and drop", as my negatives should be called... on my way though (-: Anyone else still doing this?
    ~Mollie

Started PB on Monday, June 4. I'm focusing on my health in 2012, including taking natural supplements, zumba and strength training, regular church attendance and studying the Bible, spending time with good friends, and reading more. I want to see what health milestones I can achieve this year!

Starting body fat - 41%
    Starting weight - 170 lbs
    9/4 body fat - 33%
    9/4 weight - 150 lbs

Joefbs is offline Junior Member
    I want in! I have never in my life been able to do a pull up. I am ready to change that!!

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Hey all! Here are the latest people added to the challenge list in the first post:

PeaceKaren
    jtgeo
    metalsporks
    Cin
    Patchthebun
    thesmilingone
    AliceAnne
    BigChris
    EmeraldRose
    PearlTigress

And BIG CONGRATULATIONS to PrimalJosh and Tribal Rob for pulling off (pulling up?) a pull-up! Yay!

So how is this going for everyone?

Now that I am allowed to exercise again, I'm working on bodyweight exercises that I think will be a good foundation for me to start doing negatives as pull-up training.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast