Thread: Question about my cholesterol numbers. page

adamsky is offline Junior Member

Question about my cholesterol numbers.

Primal Fuel
    Hello all;-)
    My name is Adam, I am 36 yrs old, 5'8, 155lbs, 7.5% BF. I have been into training most of my life, I have been eating the primal way for about 6 months, just had my cholesterol checked and my numbers are as follows. Are therse numbers ok?

Total 237
    HDL 72
    LDL 122
    Trigs 30

My Dr wants me on statins, I told him to f***K off! hahaha!

I would appreciate any advice! Thank you;-)

Glockin Grok is offline Senior Member
    First off... NOT A CHANCE... you HDL is nice and high..

Also your LDL is going to be WAY off with your trigs that low...

Looks great!!!! but if he keeps pushing tell him you want a VAP test befor considering it because calculated LDL is off with trigs that low.

Cheers

Thankyou very much for the fast reply;-) What is a VAP test?

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    Get a NMR instead, they are more accurate. Nuclear Magnetic Resonance.
    It messures particle size. Your triglycerides are below 70, so your LDL particles are nice big and fluffy, exactly what you want. LDL under 100 results in frequent colds and sniffles and other infections...lots of doctors don't know that. LDL is only bad when triglycerides are high, which then makes them small, dense.
    I would kill for your numbers! To put your doc at ease have a particle size test done so he can shut up....lol.

Thankyou very much for all the info;-) you have given me a better understanding of what my numbers mean, and you have made me feel allot better about them!! Thankyou!!!

peril is offline Senior Member
    Why spend money on an expensive test when you know what the result will be? Change your doctor
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Yes peril, you're right, I know the Dr's down here are clueless when it comes to allot of things, they see a number, and they have no understanding of what it means!