Thread: primal blueprint cookbook - dairy free but contains cheese, etc, confused?? page

fatboy is offline Junior Member

Question primal blueprint cookbook - dairy free but contains cheese, etc, confused??

Shop Now
    hi there

i am really confused by this. in the primal blueprint it says to stay away from dairy, butter, cheese, egg whites etc. then in the primal blueprint cookbook, a lot of the recipes include lots of egg whites, cheeses etc. i am just starting this diet and trying to do it properly but am very confused. am i reading into this the wrong way?

please help!! thankyou

fatboy

hedgehog is offline Junior Member
    Here is Mark's stance on dairy: The Definitive Guide to Dairy | Mark's Daily Apple. You can find more of his posts by searching at the top right of the homepage.

Generally, if you're not lactose intolerant, it's ok to use full-fat (raw if you can get it) dairy in moderation. It can severely slow weight loss, so you might want to stay away entirely if that is your goal.

ljq309 is offline Senior Member
    Some recipes quite legitimately use only the egg white, just like some only use the yolk (I mean generally, not just Primal). If a recipe calls for a whole egg use the whole egg, if it calls for a white use a white, if it calls for a yolk use a yolk.
    Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
    Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
    Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
    Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    You're reading it the wrong way

Mark says to avoid dairy if it causes you problems and to stick to the high fat low sugar dairy if it doesn't. E.g. Ghee, butter, full fat cream, full fat greek yoghurt, whole raw milk.
    Last edited by Misabi; 01-05-2012 at 04:23 PM.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

fatboy is offline Junior Member
    thanks for your replies guys

fatboy