Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Best Overall Diet of 2012" page

wilberfan is offline Senior Member

Angry "Best Overall Diet of 2012"

Primal Fuel
    Good Lord:

U.S. News and World Report rates the best diets of 2012 - latimes.com

That diet plan also took top ranking as the best diet for healthy eating and the best diabetes diet (tied with the Biggest Loser diet). The DASH diet (it stands for Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may also help lower cholesterol, as it's big on whole grains, fruits, vegetables and lean proteins -- not a bad program for a number of people.
    [facepalm]
    Vegan from 1993 until Oct 16, 2010. "D'oh!!"

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Oh well them DIET I choose healthy living instead.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Quickdraw is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirlot View Post
    oh well them diet i choose healthy living instead.
    qft.
    About Me | Journal: "Grok: Deployed"
    "Doctrine is the last refuge of the unimaginative." - General James Mattis

raney is offline Senior Member
    Love those red socks.

ahma is offline Junior Member
    If I ate the foods in the sample menu I found on the web for the DASH diet, I'd be huge and so puffed up I'd float away. Also, no one could stand to be near me, if you know what I mean.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    LOL, I heard that and Weight Watchers is popular too.... yeah.... I love the WW advocates. It may work for some, but most people use their points to eat crap, lose 20 lbs. Stop WW. Gain 30 back.... then go back on WW because it "works".... again and again!

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    I saw Dr. Oz giving his New Year opinion on diets, and he also recommended Weight Watchers. Coincidentally, he is also a paid spokesperson for Weight Watchers. Therefore, he has no credibility whatsoever.

PrimalJenn is offline Member
    I love how all the diets listed above Paleo endorse the eating of processed, frankenfood! Jenny Craig, South Beach, Slim Fast, Medifast, WW...all have their line of crap fake food. The article says “A true Paleo diet might be a great option: very lean, pure meats, lots of wild plants,” said one expert—quickly adding, however, that duplicating such a regimen in modern times would be difficult."
    What does that say about us? We are pushing fake food onto people instead of putting the REAL food options out there and having them be more affordable. How do you argue against eating real food? Lets face it, the DASH diet is probably only popular this year bc it sounds like Kardashians.

carlh is offline Senior Member
    You can't waste your time being surprised and angry when the media releases drivel like that without looking at the root cause of the special interest groups supporting Monsanto and other such unhealthy megacongolmerates. Yes, the media will be shilling whatever's most prevalent. It's always what they do. Who cares? It's just marketing trickling down from the fact that the giant companies are able to make such a huge profit margin shilling that crap. More food cheaper, with government subsidies to boot, with no incentive to be nutritious.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Jenny Craig, South Beach, Slim Fast, Medifast, WW
    My mom used to work for Jenny Craig- I always thought it was odd because she is overweight. Apparently a lot of the people who work there are overweight and don't actually do the diet. Slim Fast works to get weight off, but you gain it right back (it works for the people making money off of it really well!), same with Weight Watchers. South Beach is not bad- at least he doesn't advocate sugar and white flour and is OK about fat.

LOL, I still remember that Susan Powder lady- with the buzz cut and psychotic personality encouraging eating huge piles of spaghetti.

And... I'm not so sure about the Biggest Loser. Those people bust butt working out on that show. I don't think you can duplicate that success on your own unless you are some kind of a personal drill sargeant (in which case you would not end up weighing 300lbs. in the first place). And a lot of those people fail anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast