Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Primal CrossFitter's 2012 Journal page 7

MBur is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    16/03/2012

B - Scrambled eggs (4) 2 rashes of middle bacon with salsa AGG

Snack- 1 slice of Cheesecake (work morning tea)

L- 150g handful of mixed nuts, 225g Low GI organic mixed berry greek yoghurt. AGG

WOD

MEN - includes Masters Men up to 54 years old
    Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 12 minutes of:
    150 Wall balls (20lbs to 10' target)
    90 Double-unders
    30 Muscle-ups

Result 150 wall ball (9mins 30 something) + 23 Double unders

S-50g 85% Dark Organic Chocolate

D- 1 Whole Free Range Lilydale Roast Chicken

Burpees 35

Sleep 7 hours

Weight 94.5kg

Got a PB for Karen (150 Wallballs for time) of 9mins 30 ish. Managed first 40 unbroken, then a couple of sets of 10. Then 5-6 reps everytime. Got to the double unders and I couldn't walk, 23 double unders in like 2 mins is well below what is achievable fresh (maybe 90-100 for me). I was reduced to 2 DU's at a time or failing that a S-S-DU-S-S-DU pattern. Felt like I weighed 400kg. 12.4 was tough man.

Had a late night playing in an online tournament, managed a bit of a sleep in but the sun and heat woke me up about 8.30am.

MBur is offline Member
    17-18/03/2012

Weekend was pretty cruisy, moved out of my flat and into my mates house (3x fellow CrossFitters and Tough mudder teammates) for my last 2 weeks in AUS and in preperation for Tough Mudder at the end of the month.

Sat-Usual Breakfast, had 2x flake fillets and brocolli for late lunch and then had a cheesecake and some dark chocolate for dinner
    Sun- Usual Breakfast, Breakfast again for lunch, then BBQ (4-5 sausages, 2 patties, lettuce mushroom cherry tomato salad) post WOD and then a plum, some kiwi berries and 150g of macadamias for snack/dinner.

Burpees 36 + 37

Sunday WOD
    (Parroba Ave WOD)
    5 rounds for time:

5 burpees
    1 lap of swimming pool + 1 Alana (Climbing into floating inflatable pool, crawl through jump out other side)
    1.5km obstacle team run (4 under gates, 2 fence climb, 2 ditch jumps, 1 hill climb, 1 max height jump, 1 balance beam)

Result
    40 mins 1 second

Quads were swallon and sore all weekend from 12.4, made the run on Sunday pretty nasty. Neck/shoulder almost back to normal. Calves were fine post run for a change.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Great result for 12.4!
    I only got 122 wall balls, I was quite disappointed with myself really , I want to do it again just to show I can.
    Friday night I felt crappy as and I was stuck in a hot corner and it felt like I couldn't get my break.
    You sure seem to love burpees LOL

MBur is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Great result for 12.4!
    I only got 122 wall balls, I was quite disappointed with myself really , I want to do it again just to show I can.
    Friday night I felt crappy as and I was stuck in a hot corner and it felt like I couldn't get my break.
    You sure seem to love burpees LOL
    122 is pretty good for 12mins, my training partner only got 124 and he hits more than 50% of his WOD's Rx'd. Wall balls are a mental game and I'd say you did fairly well.

I hate burpees but I'm trying to take control of that and get better at them. It's 115 day challenge starting with 1 burpee on day 1, 2 on day 2 etc. Yesterday was day 38.

MBur is offline Member
    19/03/2012

B - Scrambled eggs (4) 2 rashes of middle bacon with salsa

L- 150g handful of mixed nuts, 225g Low GI organic mixed berry greek yoghurt.

S- Chocolate Bar 40g

Home WOD
    1-10 burpee ladder with flatmate
    Swim and Roll out

S-30g 85% Dark Organic Chocolate, few handfuls of macadamias

D- 500g Organic Beef Patties, 1 red capsicum, 1 small head of brocolli

Burpees 45 (38 required today)

Sleep 8 hours 45mins ish

Still limping around today on sore quads, WOD at the box was "Elizabeth" and I didn't want to do cleans so just did some burpees and had a good rollout. Today must be work day 7-8 of having a yoghurt with lunch. Initially I wanted a light source of protein and was also interested in the extra bacteria cultures in the yoghurt for gut health. I'm starting to think I might be slightly intollerant to dairy, might move away from it wednesday and thursday and then come back to it Friday and see if I can notice the difference post lunch. At my new flat there is almost too much dark chocolate and too many macadamias floating around, I find myself snacking more than normal as there seems to be a bag of nuts on every table and couch.

Good Bodyweight metcon/chipper on tomorrow, looking forward to it, 70 burpees at the finish will be a nasty little treat.

thanks for that, it really is tough to keep going in something as repetitive as that hey.
    Fell apart in my workout last night during burpees, but I still had an OK time I think.
    400 m run
    5 round:
    15 x kb swings (16 kg, which I did for 2 rounds, but struggled, and dropped down to 12 kg, feel slack about that)
    12 x pullups (2 bands again, but I was up to chest mostly rather than just chin)
    9 x burpees, jumping up to band.
    After 5 rounds another 400 m run, 23:36, it was hard!

Working on strict press tonight, last time was only 25 kg, so hoping to really boost that up tonight.

I should do a burpee challenge, I suck at them!

I can't do dairy or coffee now. I am 2 weeks without and my waist is down 7 cm.

Also worked on a clean ladder last night.
    30 kg x 12
    35 kg x 6
    40 kg x 3.
    2 rounds of that, but I failed at 40 kg on the second round, it was so frustrating not to be able to do it again, my coach could see I was getting angry, so he told me to stop. Although I had not cleaned that weight before, so I am still happy I got 3 reps.

MBur is offline Member
    20/03/2012

L- 150g handful of mixed nuts, 225g Low GI organic mixed berry greek yoghurt.

WOD
    For time:
    30 40kg Strict Press (Dumbells)
    40 Pull-ups
    50 Kettlebell swings, 24kg (16kg)
    60 Sit-ups
    70 Burpees

Result 29.33.

S-30g 85% Dark Organic Chocolate, few handfuls of macadamias

D- 400-500g of Slow cooked Lamb, 1 small head of brocolli, roasted sweet potato and zuccini

Burpees 70 (39 required today)

Sleep 8 hours ish

That WOD was tough, Press were hard, took like 8mins. Pullups were in 5's KB's in 10's situps unbroken (active rest) Burpees 10-10-5-5-5 etc. Burpees were tough fatigued, all strict though. Late dinner as I wasn't cooking, late to bed, still got 8 hours.

MBur is offline Member
    21/03/2012

L- BLOWOUT, staff international lunch. Sausages, Cheese, Watermelon salad, cheesecake, Syrian pastries, choc, sweets.

WOD
    CrossFit Total

3 attempts at 1RM:
    Back Squat 100kg 110kg 120kg (missed depth)
    Press 55kg 60kg 65kg (missed)
    Deadlift 120kg 130kg 140kg

Result 310kg 110/60/140

S-few handfuls of macadamias

D- 600g Veal (First time), 1 small head of brocolli, 1 red pepper

Burpees 33 (40 required today)

Sleep 9 hours ish

CrossFit Total was fun, thought I got my 120kg squat but missed depth. Press was rushed, probably could get 62.5kg. Deadlift was PB by 10kg, maybe could've gone higher fresh, form was good.
    CrossFit Journal membership is $25 well spent, have watched so many helpful technique videos.

Lunch was a write off, massive sugar rush so I went and did some stair climbs and wall pushups to try and kill some of it, lots of water. Was worried about low blood sugar going into CFT but seemed to be alright.

MBur is offline Member
    Nice work on the cleans.

Cutting down on dairy is definately worth it, don't see the harm in coffee (black) but, unless it's like a 4 a day vice that you're depending on.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast