Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Primal CrossFitter's 2012 Journal page 6

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Got 45 kg for my front squats for 6 sets of 2 reps, so yay!
    The last 2 workouts are going to be tough, and I am doubtful ill be doing them Rx'd either, but ill still do my best.
    That makes sense about the box jumps, the only way ive ever done them is open hips at the top though. Yep my coach had to keep reminding me about elbows last night.
    Tonights workout involves deadlifts, pullups and ring dips, have no idea on numbers though as our coach hates telling us stuff in advance though LOL. Ill be dropping one of my pullup bands down to the middle, so instead of the 2 strongest ones, il have a strong and a middle one, well hopefully LOL

MBur is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Got 45 kg for my front squats for 6 sets of 2 reps, so yay!
    The last 2 workouts are going to be tough, and I am doubtful ill be doing them Rx'd either, but ill still do my best.
    That makes sense about the box jumps, the only way ive ever done them is open hips at the top though. Yep my coach had to keep reminding me about elbows last night.
    Tonights workout involves deadlifts, pullups and ring dips, have no idea on numbers though as our coach hates telling us stuff in advance though LOL. Ill be dropping one of my pullup bands down to the middle, so instead of the 2 strongest ones, il have a strong and a middle one, well hopefully LOL

How the heck do you have 722 posts and you've been primal 4 and a half months? Have you been on MDA longer than that or you just post 5+ times a day? I don't get what you mean with the pullup bands? dropping to the middle colour? Blue down to green?

I used to post a lot more, but cut down for a while, now I am prob posting a lot again LOL.
    Does anyone else use those big elastic bands where you to go crossfit to help with pullups?
    There is a few different thicknesses, and you go down to thinner ones as you get stronger until you don't need the bands to assist you anymore.
    Using Resistance Bands for Pull Ups - YouTube
    How hard is 12.4? OMG! Ill just be doing the wall balls LOL

MBur is offline Member
    I used to post a lot more, but cut down for a while, now I am prob posting a lot again LOL.
    Does anyone else use those big elastic bands where you to go crossfit to help with pullups?
    There is a few different thicknesses, and you go down to thinner ones as you get stronger until you don't need the bands to assist you anymore.
    Using Resistance Bands for Pull Ups - YouTube
    How hard is 12.4? OMG! Ill just be doing the wall balls LOL
    Yeah I thought that's what you meant, what colour are you going to? Have you got any pullups without a band? Work hard on them, they will come. I've gone from not being able to do 1 (Feb 2011) to doing 100 in 9mins (Feb 2012). the first time you get off the band for a WOD will be so libertaing, you'll love it.

12.4 looks awesome. I've got the wallballs in under 10mins hopefully and double unders in 1-2mins so I'll get a chance at a muscle up which I don't have at the moment. Have only attempted strict as I wanted my first one to be awesome but I'll give a loose kipping one a go if it means I get it.

MBur is offline Member
    14/03/2012

B - Scrambled eggs (5) 2 rashes of middle bacon with salsa AGG

L- 150g handful of mixed nuts, 225g Low GI organic mixed berry greek yoghurt. AGG

WOD
    Back Squat 5-5-5-5-5
    80-85-85-90-90

Finisher
    12-10-12 Rotaing seated Ab medball twists 10kg

D- 500g Organic mini beef patties, 1 head of brocolli AGG

PAG before bed

Burpees 33

Sleep 8 hours

Went to bed kind of late, got a cool app that tracks my sleep and wakes me up when i'm at my lightest sleep, called Sleep Cycle from the itunes store, definately worth it and it works.

Technique still needs improvement on my back squat, not enough practice. Reasonably happy with it.

Rest day tomorrow then onto 12.4, fun times. Will watch a lot of muscle up videos in the next 24 hours.
    Last edited by MBur; 03-18-2012 at 10:02 PM.

We also often work on our kipping pullups, and I can get up a couple of inches once at a time LOL, but I know ill get there.
    I was using 2 purple, now I am using a purple and a red. Its an improvement so I am happy
    Nice work on the back squats We are doing our one rep max in a few weeks, so I am excited about that. Hoping for BW or greater (last time was 65 kg, and I weigh about 80 something )
    Tonights workout will be tough, I hurt bad from all the pullups and ring dips last night. It was 30-20-10 deadlifts (40kg) pullups and ringdips.
    Tonight involves a lot of running, kb swings and knees to elbows (ill do my best with these, as I really really badly want my first Rx'd workout, but I normally just do knee raises.

Goodluck with the muscle ups!

actually I am going to keep telling myself I will get all the wallballs and some skips.
    I can't do double unders yet, but I practice almost every day, as skipping is usually our warm up. A couple of times ive gotten one foot over

MBur is offline Member
    actually I am going to keep telling myself I will get all the wallballs and some skips.
    I can't do double unders yet, but I practice almost every day, as skipping is usually our warm up. A couple of times ive gotten one foot over
    I didn't get my dounle unders till I started relaxing a bit. Feet together and keep your body in one piece. bounce on your toes and just do single skips. Focus on keeping feet together and staying in one spot with out bending your legs just flexing off your toes. Once you've got that down, change nothing just bounce a bit higher and focus on the 2nd rotation being really quick. Someone explained it like woosh WOOSH, woosh WOOSH, woosh WOOSH if that makes sense. Quick wrists!

Ring Dips kill everyone!

ooh thanks for the tips
    Tonight is going to suck though, I feel like I am getting a cold and have the worst sore throat. I don't believe this! I am bloody sore from last nights workout though.
    run 800m
    21-15-9
    kb swings (12 kg)
    knee raises
    run 800m
    did it in 18.26. Slow but it was so tough! its my runs that suck bad.
    When are you doing 12.4? 2 hours till I leave to do it.

MBur is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    15/03/2012

B - Scrambled eggs (4) 2 rashes of middle bacon with salsa AGG

L- 150g handful of mixed nuts, 225g Low GI organic mixed berry greek yoghurt. AGG

Home WOD
    34 Burpees
    Max pushups (25)

S-100g 85% Dark Organic Chocolate

D- 600g Organic Chicken Legs (maybe 400g without bone) 1 Red Capsicum AGG

Burpees 34

Sleep 9 hours

Weight 94.5kg

Cruisy day at work and relaxing evening at home, burpees with socks on hardwood floors is awesome, it almost feels like cheating. Your feet slide out of the pushup into the squat so smoothly, reduces the effort. Wonder if that would've flied for 12.1, I see that theres an article about an ex-NFL guy whos doing really well who got no repped on all his push press for not getting completely overhead after rejudging his video submission after complaints.

Neck/Shoulder is still stiff, got a good amount of sleep last night, not too broken either. Experimenting with air con temperatures while sleeping, so far 20 degrees is the winner.
    Last edited by MBur; 03-18-2012 at 10:02 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast