05/03/2012

B - 300ml Ice water, 4 eggs with lemon and cinnamon, AGG

L- half Roast Chicken, handful of mixed nuts

WOD
    21-15-9 reps for time of:
    Power clean, 42.5kg
    Thruster, 42.5kg

Rx'd was 52.5kg

Result: 14min 35 secs (Rest time during WOD 6:23, notes below)

D 1/2 Free Range Roast Chicken, 4 homemade cookies (DAMN HOME BAKING)

NO PAGG before bed

Burpees 24

Sleep 8 hours 40 ish

Forgot my PAGG and AGG today except for Breakfast, not a good start. Have been living on Roast chicken for the last 24hours, been pretty awesome. My new flatmate baked some toblerone cookies and I tried one-> Downward spiral into eating 4, I have NO SELF CONTROL. Oh well back on track tomorrow.

So tonight at CrossFit, coach wanted us to buddy up and count with a stop watch how much rest (lack of work) we have in a WOD. Of 14min 35, 6mins 23 was rest, that's almost half. Coach says that the magic ratio is 2:1 work to rest (Like Tabata) to get the optimum gains in fitness, I think that means that I need to take the weight back less so I rest less, I was trying my hardest not to rest for too long as I was conscious of being timed but at the same time I just couldn't pump the thrusters out in anymore than 2's or 3's once it got to 2nd round. I'm going to try and catch him tonight to analyse my work/rest ratio and see what he thinks I should do with scaling.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    argh thrusters are horrible!
    LOL
    Hope this weeks open workout is not so awful.
    Tonight we are working on our 1 RM for squats. This I like, because I know my lower half is much stronger than my upper, so I feel strong when doing these workouts.
    ooh my knee raises are getting stronger, I can do 10 unbroken without dropping off the bar so yay!

MBur is offline Member
    Angie = pain

angie.jpg

MBur is offline Member
    06/03/2012

B - 300ml Ice water, 4 eggs with cinnamon, AGG

L- half Roast Chicken, handful of mixed nuts AGG

WOD
    "Angie"

For time
    100 pullups
    100 pushups
    100 situps
    100 squats

Result: 29min 39sec RX'd!

Post WOD 7g BCAA's with Water

D 3 Kangaroo Steaks (500g ish) with Ground Chilli, Tumeric and Ginger, 1 massive head of brocolli with lemon and cinamon AGG

PAG before bed

Burpees 25

Sleep 8 hours 10 ish, woke up middle of night, got up and redressed my hand (approx 30mins)

Tonight was brutal, my previous angie split was 70-75-100-100 as the rule in the box is 10min cut off for pullups. Hand ripped on the 75th Pullup which made the last 25 slow, Finished them in 9 mins 40, Was completely blown out for pushups, did 100 in just over 10 mins maybe 12. 100 situps took like 6mins which left me less than 4 mins to do my squats. By that stage there was about 15 around me yelling at me that the squats had to be unbroken, I thought i've got 50 and busted them out and then got to 60 and thought don't stop now, you'll let everyone down, push through it. My mate was screaming "Don't you get cut off bro, it's only pain, it's in your head". I can tell you that the last 30 squats I didn't have and if I was doing it solo I wouldn't have made the 30min cut off. Finished with 21 seconds to go and was the closest I've ever been to not being able to stand. I never lie down/crumple after a WOD (As Mikko Salo says, just like in the animal kingdom, lying down shows weakness) but I literally couldn't hold myself up and sat down on a boxjump box. That WOD would be in my top 5 xfit moments to date.

Did 10 burpees before WOD thinking 15 afterwards wouldn't be an issue, Those 15 burpees were death! wrapped my hand in toilet paper and insulation tape at home so I wouldn't bleed on the floor and had to do them in sets of 3 before my quads cramped up. Let that be the worst xp with burpess this month, I want to finish this challenge!

MBur is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    argh thrusters are horrible!
    LOL
    Hope this weeks open workout is not so awful.
    Tonight we are working on our 1 RM for squats. This I like, because I know my lower half is much stronger than my upper, so I feel strong when doing these workouts.
    ooh my knee raises are getting stronger, I can do 10 unbroken without dropping off the bar so yay!
    Nice work on the knee raises, for me dropping off the bar is a mental thing, if you grip it tighter and make dropping off not an option ( i picture hanging off the side of the building) you'll be surprised how many more you can do even if you stop without dropping, reset your shoulders and core and go again.

I've got 3-2-2-1-1-1-1-1 Deadlift tonight, pumped for a new 1RM on deadlift although i'm gonna have to tape the sh*t out of my hands.

MBur is offline Member
    07/03/2012

B - 4 eggs with cinnamon, AGG

L- half Roast Chicken, handful of mixed nuts AGG

WOD

Deadlift
    3-2-2-2-1-1-1-1-1

Result: 100(3) 110(2) 120(2) 120(2) 130(1) 110(1) 110(1) 110(1) 110(1)

Post WOD 5g BCAA's with Water

D Chicken Breast(500g ish) Tandoori Spices, Tumeric and Cinnamon, 1 massive head of brocolli with cinamon AGG

PAG before bed

Burpees 26

Sleep 8 hours 40 ish

Hand was still wrecked today, couldn't pull much on the deadlift without pain and the subsequent break in form. Pulled 130 for 1 which was equal to PB but then backed off as my back was rounding. PB of 130 was like 4 months old so I should of been able to break it easy, hand let me down.

They just released the open WOD
    15 box jumps
    12 push press 115lbs (52.5kg)
    9 toes to bar

18 min AMRAP.

Toes to bar is going to suck on my busted hand and it is my weakpoint in the WOD already. Will have to destroy the box jumps although the movement standard is a bit different to what I'm used to. Should be fun

Might not post for a while, off to Sydney for the weekend.

MBur is offline Member
    12/03/2012

B -

L- 100g handful of mixed nuts, 225g Low GI organic mixed berry greek yoghurt.

D- Organic Mini Beef Patties (500g ish)with Ground chilli and Cinnamon

Burpees 30

Sleep 8 hours 30ish

So today was a shambles, got back from Sydney late as and only got like 6 hours 30 sleep, had a pretty sugar and alcoholled fuelled weekend. I don't like how I feel when I eat crappy food and although it tastes great it puts me on a downward spiral into being a piece of shit and that's my old life and definately not the new me. No more cheat days, I don't need them. A small treat when I really feel like it will suffice and I'll be able to live primally 98% of the time pretty easily.

WOD on friday (12.3) was hard with a ripped hand and I wasn't really in the mood ( 6am was hard to psych up for). Completed it though which has been my goal to finish all the open workouts.

Didn't take my PAGG over the day, I will tomorrow and will try and keep it up until I finish them and then will reassess from there.

Weighed in at 96kg this morning (211 lbs), heaviest I've been since I started crossfit. I know i've stacked on a heap of muscle but there is about 2 kgs there that are the result of cheat days over the last 6 weeks, they are now a thing of the past.

In the next month I plan on getting back down to 92-93kg. Stay tuned.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    how did you go with the 3rd open workout?
    None of mine counted as it was all scaled
    13 inch box instead of 20
    30 kg push press instead of 35 (i could do 35 in practice but decided against it for the workout, but that is good because it was still bloody hard!)
    and knee raises instead of t2b.
    I wonder what tough shit they have in store for us this week
    Hope your hard is better soon though. Mine have finally stopped ripping (well until the next kipping pullup practice I am sure)

Oh how do you mean the movement standard is different to what you are used to for box jumps?

Front squats tonight, last time was only 35 kg, but my core is not great so kept feeling unbalanced so gotta work on that

MBur is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    how did you go with the 3rd open workout?
    None of mine counted as it was all scaled
    13 inch box instead of 20
    30 kg push press instead of 35 (i could do 35 in practice but decided against it for the workout, but that is good because it was still bloody hard!)
    and knee raises instead of t2b.
    I wonder what tough shit they have in store for us this week
    Hope your hard is better soon though. Mine have finally stopped ripping (well until the next kipping pullup practice I am sure)

Oh how do you mean the movement standard is different to what you are used to for box jumps?

Front squats tonight, last time was only 35 kg, but my core is not great so kept feeling unbalanced so gotta work on that

12.3 was alright, I did it early morning as I was travelling that day. Did 3 rounds + 9 push press which I wasn't overly happy with but at least I got through it. T2B was hard as my hand hasn't fully healed yet. Box jumps were different as we are allowed to open the hip on the way down off the box not at the top so you can land on the box not fully standing and then come tall on your descent if that makes sense.

We're taking bets at the moment on facebook about 12.4. My moneys on pullups, hang/powercleans and double unders. High on the list too are wallball and deadlift. I think between 12.4 and 12.5 one will be an AMRAP and the other will be some sort of ladder like the snatch workout.

I'm in the same boat as you with the front squats, collapsing at the bottom when fatigued. I found looking up more than normal and fixing your gaze on one spot helps and just over emphasise how much you push your elbows up.

Only way to get a good core is sqeeze it constantly through movements even when you think it's unnecessary, it'll always make your movement better.

Keep up the good work!

MBur is offline Member
    13/03/2012

B - Scrambled eggs (5) 2 rashes of middle bacon with salsa AGG

L- 150g handful of mixed nuts, 225g Low GI organic mixed berry greek yoghurt. AGG

WOD
    Press 3-3-3 (40-45-45)
    Max reps pushup after each set (22-10-12)

then ...

Three rounds for time
    10 Thruster 40kg
    50 Double Unders

Result 10min 39sec

Finisher 6-6-6 one handed dumbell bench press (15kg)

D- Butter Chicken on Brocolli (No Rice) with Grilled Roast Capsicum (3/4 of large)

PAG before bed

Burpees 33 (32 +1 forgotten yesterday)

Sleep 8 hours 30ish

Weight 95kg (209lbs)

My old pullup injury is getting me down, sore and stiff all day and has been killing my deep sleep WOD was fun today although I maybe should have subbed the press to save my neck but it didn't feel too bad. Pushup Press combo was cool, blew your arms out so fast, last set of 3 was hard at 45kg even though I can press 50kg for 5. Going from that into mini WOD was good for conditioning, still struggling on overhead lockout on thruster but getting better, double unders slightly better, might of hit 20 in a row a few times. Finished with one arm db press on the floor which was mor conditioning for pressups and then I went out and did 20 of my burpees. End result was blown out shoulders and tris. Have got 5x5 back squats tomorrow which is the first in a few months, will rest Thursday in prep for 12.4.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast