Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: My Primal Challenge page 5

Lex26 is offline Senior Member

Play

Shop Now
    I'm liking your exercise style! I've been exercising consistently this last week, but haven't really just played yet.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

dave155 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex26 View Post
    I'm liking your exercise style! I've been exercising consistently this last week, but haven't really just played yet.
    Do you have kids? They love to run and become very animated when an adult plays with them! If you don't have any of your own, maybe you could borrow some?

Today we drove out to Galena, IL. Closest thing to a ski area we have in IL. Just finished shoveling again and will be heading out for some sledding! It should qualify for play and a workout. 30 seconds of bliss while flying down the hill, 10 minutes of heavy climbing back up. Interval training

At least it's sunny today.
    Start Date 1/1/12

SW 176
    CW 163
    GW 155

My Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45618.html

Wow, went sled riding and had a blast. It was 20 degrees out and I was plenty warm with all the hill climbing.

This is a quick 3 day get away and I was very worried about my diet. Usually, I eat like crap for the days I'm here.

Today I did pretty well:

B - 3 eggs, chopped peppers and a couple slices of bacon

L - skipped!

S - handful of nuts and a stick of celery w Tahini. This was the first time I tried it and don't like it much. Now I have the whole jar...

D - I grilled 2 burger patties topped w jalapeno cheese and some sauted onions and mushrooms. Delicious!

I did have a couple beers while grilling. I'm programmed for it.
    Start Date 1/1/12

SW 176
    CW 163
    GW 155

My Journal

Sunday 1/15/12

Lazy day. I didn't do a thing. I spent the afternoon laying around watching football. I even dozed off a couple times. I can't remember the last time I did that. I'm almost always in motion because there's always something that needs done.

I enjoyed the day.

I did get a little carried away during the evening though... 3 beers and a few glasses of wine while grilling and eating dinner. Then 2 smores for dessert. They were delicious. I couldn't believe how intense the flavor was! Roasted marshmellows and chocolate are magical. They also aren't good for me. This is my biggest cheat since starting on Jan 1.

I don't feel guilty either.

This morning I have a headache. I'm pretty sure it's from the alcohol. Took a couple asprin and it seems to be going away.

Eating:

B - 3 eggs and 3 country cut bacon

L - I was only a littler hungry so it was more of a snack. A large celery w peanut butter and tahini. I don't care for the tahini and thought mixing some w peanut butter would help. I was ok. Really just took away from the pleasure of the peanut butter

D - Filet Mignon. Delicious! Folowed by the before mentiones smores...
    Start Date 1/1/12

SW 176
    CW 163
    GW 155

My Journal

I usually weigh myself every day, but I don't have a scale out here. I've been watching the mirror and know my belly looks fllatter than it did last time we were here the week between Christmas and New Year. Every time we come here I'm in party mode and gain a few pounds. This time I think I've done much better.

I'll weigh myself first thing in Tuesday morning. I'll be super excited if I've lost any weight and will consider it a win if I maintained the same weight as Friday. I will be pissed if I gained any.
    Start Date 1/1/12

SW 176
    CW 163
    GW 155

My Journal

I'm slipping. Yesterday it was smores, today it's milk chocolate.

Funny, I didn't have cravings the first week at all. I wonder why they're hitting now...

I did pretty well all day and after dinner, the sweet tooth hit and I ate a good amount of milk chocolate. I have to reign it back in and fight off the cravings.

B - 3 egg chard and bacon omlette

S - beef jerkey and a bunch of almonds and macademia nuts

D - Caldo de Pollo, chicken soup w carrots, squash and potato. I added lime and chili.

S - several pieces of chocolate.
    Start Date 1/1/12

SW 176
    CW 163
    GW 155

My Journal

My weight is the same as Friday before I left. I should be happy with this, but I'm a little disappointed.

I thought my diet was good, but here's the reality. I find it interesting I can remember this detail...

I only exercised once (sled riding)

I drank 9 beers

5 glasses of wine

3 smores

1 chocolate chip cookie

Several pieces of chocolate

Other than that, everything was perfect!

Time to buckle down and get this thing on track!
    Last edited by dave155; 01-17-2012 at 05:43 AM.
    Start Date 1/1/12

SW 176
    CW 163
    GW 155

My Journal

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Don't feel bad! It's just one more experience that's going to remind you what kind of cravings you have to fight when you slip off track. Whenever I see something sugary at a holiday or social event, I'm like are you ready to put up the mental battle against cravings for that? Sometimes I am. Generally, if I've been good for a while and I eat one bad thing it doesn't slip me up too bad. But if I ever make up that, "Well, I already screwed up, soo ..." excuse, I generally take on more than I can handle and end up with the cravings again. So I often picture that debacle when I ask myself, is it worth it? I hate that mind-control game sugar and insulin have played with me so much that it's easy to say no now.

When it comes to play, I don't have kids, but I am the oldest of six kids, including four brothers and a sister after me (she's 13). I might take the boys out paintballing sometime soon and I have a snowboarding lesson date with my friend Molly next week. Maybe I could set up some hikes and who knows? Maybe I'll end up on a softball team later this spring.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Quote Originally Posted by Lex26 View Post
    Don't feel bad! It's just one more experience that's going to remind you what kind of cravings you have to fight when you slip off track. Whenever I see something sugary at a holiday or social event, I'm like are you ready to put up the mental battle against cravings for that? Sometimes I am. Generally, if I've been good for a while and I eat one bad thing it doesn't slip me up too bad. But if I ever make up that, "Well, I already screwed up, soo ..." excuse, I generally take on more than I can handle and end up with the cravings again. So I often picture that debacle when I ask myself, is it worth it? I hate that mind-control game sugar and insulin have played with me so much that it's easy to say no now.

When it comes to play, I don't have kids, but I am the oldest of six kids, including four brothers and a sister after me (she's 13). I might take the boys out paintballing sometime soon and I have a snowboarding lesson date with my friend Molly next week. Maybe I could set up some hikes and who knows? Maybe I'll end up on a softball team later this spring.
    Thanks for the pep talk Lex!

I used to have an iron will. I don't know what happened to me. I don't like the mind-control game and following your cues may be enough to get me to not want to deal with it either. Thanks.

Wow, you California Girls have it made! Hiking in the sun one day then snowboarding the next. I suppose you'll be surfing tomorrow....
    Start Date 1/1/12

SW 176
    CW 163
    GW 155

My Journal

Tuesday 1/18/2012

Perfect day

After the weekend, I wasn't going to screw this day up. I exercised amazing willpower and didn't even snack. Actually, it wasn't that hard. I really wasn't very hungry.

I did make it a point to skip the nuts though. I think I may be eating too many of them and it's preventing weight loss. So no nuts yesterday and I dropped a 1/2 pound this morning. Hmmm... I'll have to experiment with this more.

Exercise:

P90X2 Total Body. I still struggled a little bit with the balance and stability moves, but was able to improve my numbers on almost every move with very little soreness.

Food:

B - Shakeology

L - Chicken cutlet w some chipotle chili sauce and later a small salmon fillett with some baby spinach and basalmic.

I've been eating boneless skinless chicken breast my whole adult life and I wonder if I'm better off with the skin and fat. Wasn't it the lowfat crowd that got everyone started on it? I know it'll taste better with the skin and I love eating it. I'll head over to the nutrition thread and do some research. Should make chicken cheaper!

D - 2 large bone in pork chops with a homemade chili. My MIL made this. She makes a chili for everything and they are all delicious!
    Start Date 1/1/12

SW 176
    CW 163
    GW 155

My Journal

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast