Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My Primal Challenge page 4

dave155 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex26 View Post
    Right on! That's some additional incentive to overcoming this judgmental hump. If we can overcome this big one, all the others are going to seem effortless in comparison.
    This is important. I can see myself standing in line with a group and have figured out what is best for me to order then when it's my turn order a sandwich! It happens so fast and came out of nowhere....

I won't let that happen. My health is more important than what someone thinks about what I ordered for lunch one day.

Now if I could master the chololate like Bellavida. Mine was milk chocolate and it was a LARGE amount.

Oh, and I had some peanut butter yesterday too.

Up 1 pound today

bellavida is offline Member
    I had my first weigh in this morning, after being primal for 1 solid week. I lost 2.8 pounds...i will take that. The only thing that concerns me is that I have a lot to lose....I'm 5'5 and my starting weight was 212.2, I weighed in today at 209.4. Isn't half of what you lose the first week usually water weight...so did I really only lose 1.4 of fat? I I haven't been hungry at all, so I should be very grateful that I managed to lose and not be hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by bellavida View Post
    I had my first weigh in this morning, after being primal for 1 solid week. I lost 2.8 pounds...i will take that. The only thing that concerns me is that I have a lot to lose....I'm 5'5 and my starting weight was 212.2, I weighed in today at 209.4. Isn't half of what you lose the first week usually water weight...so did I really only lose 1.4 of fat? I I haven't been hungry at all, so I should be very grateful that I managed to lose and not be hungry.
    I don't know anything about water weight. I do know that when I'm trying to lose my first week is usually the best.

I think 2.8 is great! Congratulations!

Even if you only average 1 -1.5 a week, that's 50-75 a year without going hungry!

I'll take that every time

bellavida is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dave155 View Post
    I don't know anything about water weight. I do know that when I'm trying to lose my first week is usually the best.

I think 2.8 is great! Congratulations!

Even if you only average 1 -1.5 a week, that's 50-75 a year without going hungry!

I'll take that every time
    I like your reasoning. I also have not been drinking enough water and I have a good caffeine addiction, on the order of 4-5 cups/day. My sleep could also be better (my spouse works 2nd shift and I work a sedentary office job 8-4:40). So I need to do some major tweaking.

Quote Originally Posted by bellavida View Post
    I like your reasoning. I also have not been drinking enough water and I have a good caffeine addiction, on the order of 4-5 cups/day. My sleep could also be better (my spouse works 2nd shift and I work a sedentary office job 8-4:40). So I need to do some major tweaking.
    How do you know you haven't been drinking enough water? Are you always thirsty? Remember, listen to your body and drink when it tells you to. I'm told, and I have found it applicable to me, that the only thing 8 glasses of water a day does is make me go to the bathroom more.

I too have the caffine problem. I also drink 4 or 5 cups a day w milk and splenda. I've thought about stevia, but splenda is expensive and I have a bunch of those single use packets...

Sleeping is another challenge....

Tuesday

Exercise:

P90X2 Core Did a lot more reps than the first time through last week and still no soreness! That by itself is exciting.

Meals:

B - Shakeology w lots of frozen berries.

S - 2 pieces of beef jerkey

L - 2 eggs fried in coconut oil (first time using this ) with 1/2 an avacado

S - More beef jerkey, cheese stick, the other 1/2 of the avacado

D - Chicken breast w baked sweet potato fries and salad. Another avacado. Hey, they were small, old and I need more fat.

Bottle of white wine.

Brunobaboon is offline Junior Member
    Hey Dave,

I wanted to leave some words of encouragement, but it looks like you got it all figured out. I, too, have found myself pulled to wine more and more since I cut out beer. I'm starting to like it a bit too much, I think (says the empty bottles and my girlfriend).

One note is to try to stick to your red wines (like the previously mentioned Merlot) as it's not as sweet as white and has a heckuva lot more antioxidants. That way, you're at least doing some good to your body while destroying your liver.

Also, I know people have had great success with P90X, but it's not ultimately necessary. Consider looking up Lean Gains and Body by Science. Be sure to give you body and muscles plenty of time to restore and rebuild themselves. You should be a little sore after a workout and if you're not, then you might be over-training.

The diet is 80% of your overall health. Exercise is important, but should be done with some moderation. Consider alternate methods of working out like 30 to 60 minutes on an elliptical or stationary bike at around 60-75% your maximum heart rate. Or sprints, which only take about 10 minutes.

I've been seeing pretty good results with the diet and less exercise. More walking (at least twice a day), and I usually spend 30 minutes or less any time I go to the gym (our Apartment group gym).

Congratulations again on embarking on this awesome Journey!

And good luck with your wife - she sounds like my family... my whole family. I'm getting sick of hearing, "Everything in moderation is good for you," including all of the prescriptions.... in moderation.. apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Brunobaboon View Post
    Hey Dave,

I wanted to leave some words of encouragement, but it looks like you got it all figured out. I, too, have found myself pulled to wine more and more since I cut out beer. I'm starting to like it a bit too much, I think (says the empty bottles and my girlfriend).

One note is to try to stick to your red wines (like the previously mentioned Merlot) as it's not as sweet as white and has a heckuva lot more antioxidants. That way, you're at least doing some good to your body while destroying your liver.

Also, I know people have had great success with P90X, but it's not ultimately necessary. Consider looking up Lean Gains and Body by Science. Be sure to give you body and muscles plenty of time to restore and rebuild themselves. You should be a little sore after a workout and if you're not, then you might be over-training.

The diet is 80% of your overall health. Exercise is important, but should be done with some moderation. Consider alternate methods of working out like 30 to 60 minutes on an elliptical or stationary bike at around 60-75% your maximum heart rate. Or sprints, which only take about 10 minutes.

I've been seeing pretty good results with the diet and less exercise. More walking (at least twice a day), and I usually spend 30 minutes or less any time I go to the gym (our Apartment group gym).

Congratulations again on embarking on this awesome Journey!

And good luck with your wife - she sounds like my family... my whole family. I'm getting sick of hearing, "Everything in moderation is good for you," including all of the prescriptions.... in moderation.. apparently.
    Thanks for stopping by Bruno! I do apreciate the advice and support!

I definately have a thing for alcohol. Was out of red wine last night and went for the white. Tonight, it'll be a couple tequila shots...

I hear ya loud and clear on the exercise. The good news is P90X2 has 2 rest days built in and I've been adding a couple more. So far I haven't worked out more than 2 days in a row. So I guess it will be P120X

I will take your advice and look up Lean Gains and Body by Science. You've go me curious!

The family thing seems to come up for almost everyone. I've met several people here who run into judgement socially and at work too. The people in this forum are a big help
    Start Date 1/1/12

SW 176
    CW 163
    GW 155

My Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45618.html

Wednesday 1/11/12

Exercise:

Skiped X2 and went through the day without a plan:

-Driving range for 1 1/2 hrs
    -Played tag w kids for a few minutes
    -Did a few pullups at the playground
    -Took the Christmas stuff down from MIL's roof. We're going to get snow in Chicago today and I didn't want to be messing with it then.

Food:

B - Shakeology

S - Couple pieces of beef jerkey

L - Mixed greens salad w grilled chicken breast

S - Handful of nuts and couple more beef jerkey. Cheese stick.

D - Porkchops in green chili sauce. MIL made this and it was delicious! She has a million chili sauce recipes that she makes from scratch all with fresh ingredients.

Nightcap - 3 shots of tequila w some lime.

I have to eat larger, fattier meals so I'm not snacking so much. The beef jerkey is from a local source, tender and delicious, but also very salty...

And the alcohol probably isn't helping either. I think I crave it mostly because of boredom or sugar. It's always during the evening when everyone else is having dessert.
    Start Date 1/1/12

SW 176
    CW 163
    GW 155

My Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45618.html

Thursday 1/12

I'm still not eating enough during meals. I need to eat more so I don't snack. I almost made a meal out of nuts yesterday between meals...

Exercise:

P90X2 Plyocide. Lot's of jumping. About 45min long

Walked 1/2 mile in snow to pick up kids from school (also had snowball fight!)

Shoveled snow for almost an hour.

Eating:

B - Red chard 3 egg omlette

L - Small NY stip w baby spinach and vinegarette

S - Nuts, cheese stick

D - 2 broiled catfish fillets w some roasted squash and bell peppers

1 bottle merlot
    Start Date 1/1/12

SW 176
    CW 163
    GW 155

My Journal