Thread: Primal Journey (Isa M) -- College Style page

imm5034 is offline Junior Member

Primal Journey (Isa M) -- College Style

I started my Primal Journey in early November with the 30 day challenge, and while it went great, it was hard to keep up with it and the hustle and bustle of college life. Soon after I finished the 30 day challenge, final exams hit, then the holiday season and it all went down the drain.

2012 is going to be a year of success for me, not only am I planning to live a primal lifestyle, but I am also going completely sugar free (besides small amounts of fruit). I want to feel as great as I did during my 30 day challenge, and I know I can do it, I just need the dedication to be able to trump the stress and slumps of college. ( I am a Forensic Chemistry major, aka life is always stressful!)

I have many goals for 2012 and I plan on accomplishing them all.

Today I stand before you, semi-fit, weighing 172 pounds 29% body fat, I want to get down to 140 and 20% body fat.
    I also have monthly fitness goals for myself

January: No more knee push-ups, all WODs must be done with strict push-ups
    February: 5 strict push-ups, elbows back, unbroken, chest to ground
    March: 3 Kipping Pull-Ups (Unassisted)
    April: 1 Strict Pull-Up (unassisted), 5 kipping pull-ups (unbroken)
    May: Dead-lift 200 lbs, 3 strict pull-ups, 10 kipping pull-ups (unbroken)
    June: Handstand push-up, get in full handstand position and hold
    July: Handstand Push-up do 3 push-ups to yoga block
    August: Row 500 m in under 2 minutes
    September:15 toes to bar, 10 chest to bar all unbroken
    October: 30 unbroken burpees, 30 unbroken double-unders
    November: Run 5k in 26 minutes, work on sprints
    December: Climb the rope to the top

I think I am going to leave room for changing these as I get the hang of how long things take me, but for the most part I am always at crossfit at 6:00 am (Only time I have, and is actually very useful in college) so I hope to be able to accomplish everything.

Goodluck to everyone on your primal journey's and lets change our lives!

Peace, love, Paleo,
    Isa

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Isa! Good luck with your goals.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

WOD
    2,2,2,2,2,2 box squats 105 lb
    21-15-9 kb squats, tuck ups, broad jumps

Food
    Today was better with food, but now I need to control quantity
    b- bacon, eggs
    s - apple
    l - vegetable and chicken soup (homemade in 30 minutes)
    s - banana
    d - soup leftovers, tangerine, gluten free chocolate chip cookie
    s- banana

Today I was upset about some things, and i felt myself losing control and just wanting to eat a bunch of chocolate, but i dug deep and ate the one gluten free chocolate chip cookie. I am proud of myself for stopping where I did and managing my stress. I did some research on best alternatives to stress eating.

I found this website and it is actually really helpful, hopefully I can find an app for my phone?
    http://www.shrinkyourself.com/home.asp?bhcp=1#top

Tomorrow is another day, we will see what happens.
    Peace, love, paleo

WOD
    2,2,2,2,2,2 box squats 105 lb
    21-15-9 kb squats, tuck ups, broad jumps

Food
    Today was better with food, but now I need to control quantity
    b- bacon, eggs
    s - apple
    l - vegetable and chicken soup (homemade in 30 minutes)
    s - banana
    d - soup leftovers, tangerine, gluten free chocolate chip cookie
    s- banana

Today I was upset about some things, and i felt myself losing control and just wanting to eat a bunch of chocolate, but i dug deep and ate the one gluten free chocolate chip cookie. I am proud of myself for stopping where I did and managing my stress. I did some research on best alternatives to stress eating.

I found this website and it is actually really helpful, hopefully I can find an app for my phone?
    http://www.shrinkyourself.com/home.asp?bhcp=1#top

Tomorrow is another day, we will see what happens.
    Peace, love, paleo

So yesterday was a hectic college day with a million organization meetings so this will be a blend of the two days.

Yesterday I did intermittent fasting so I started around 8 pm the night before and ended yesterday at 6:30 pm, surprisingly I wasn't very hungry, but I ate an apple and a Venezuelan dish made with ground beef and a few other vegetable starches.
    My workout yesterday was pretty rough
    15 min AMRAP 5 hang cleans (70 lbs) 10 burpees, 20 double unders, repeated 4 times. Yikes!

Today's WOD benchmark “Jackie”
    row 1000 m > 50 Thrusters (45lbs) > 30 pullups = 16:25
    That was a rough one too, especially because I'm still getting back in the swing of things but I have my head held high and know I can do it!

food:
    b - 4 pieces bacon, 1 apple
    s - tangerine, few slices of cucumber
    l/d made an awesome dish of ground beef and cabbage, but it was a lot!

So third day of school down, already have tons to do but my head is high and my spirits higher!

Peace, love, paleo!

isa

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So I have been eating paleo for the past few days, a bit of a struggle with the updating of the forum, but here goes.
    So today, I made paleo eggplant parmesan and I thought I should share this wonderful recipe!

Ingredients:
    2 eggplants
    1 pound ground beef
    5 tomatoes
    various seasonings for tomato sauce (parsley, pepper, salt, rosemary, thyme, oregano, basil)
    diced onions and garlic (up to you)
    1 tspn coconut oil

Sauce:
    In a deep saucepan put the tsp of cocunut oil and wait for it to heat up, then add the diced garlic and onions, and stir around until they start to brown. Put 3 tomatoes in the food processor and beat them until they are a puree. Add the puree to the tomato sauce, then add the ground beef to the sauce. Season accordingly. Allow to cook for 40 to 50 minutes or until it is to the consistency of your liking.

Eggplant:
    First cut the eggplant, add some salt, and let it sit for about 45 minutes. Then pat the eggplant dry with some papertowels.
    Place the slices of eggplant on a cookie sheet, and bake them at 400 degrees for about 7 to 8 minutes, or until they start to get golden brown.

Assembly:
    make layers of sauce, eggplant, tomatoes, until you run out, then bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.

ENJOY!!!