Thread: Why are (organic) hotdogs bad? page

adamm is offline Senior Member

Why are (organic) hotdogs bad?

Primal Fuel
    I read something a while ago that has been bothering me. Someone mentioned (with others concurring) that hotdogs were not good eats. Now, with most hotdogs that contain trans fats and nitrites, I agree 100%. But organic hotdogs?

I mean, I don't really care if the meat is scrapings from all over the carcass. It is still meat. Obviously if it was grass fed meat that would be better, but most of us can't afford only grass fed meat anyway. I looked at the ingredients on my hotdogs (yes, I love them), and it was simple and great. Beef, paprika, salt, etc. No preservatives, no nitrites, no trans fats.

Is there something I'm missing?

--Me

Glockin Grok is offline Senior Member
    Life is to short if you like them I say eat them... I wouldnt make them the staple of your diet however.

alg2435 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds fine to me! I'm guessing that the post you read was talking about your average hotdog, which probably contains many strange ingredients and modified foods. But these ones seem really clean, so keep on eating.
    Making adventure out of this thing called life

BrassyDel is offline Member
    I was wondering about this too because my kid eats Applegate antibiotic-free organic uncured beef hotdogs frequently. She doesn't like most meat and fish and doesn't tolerate dairy at all. Even just ground beef she usually dislikes (I think it's a texture issue).

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    I don't see any issue with them.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    We get the grass-fed hot-dogs from trader joe's for my wife's lunches. But you pay $5.00 for a pack of, like eight, and each hotdog is very low in protein. Something like 6 grams. The math says that it's wasted money, but you've got to wonder what else is in there displacing the protein. I'd be happy to know is buttholes and lungs, but there's no indication.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

pyro13g is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrassyDel View Post
    I was wondering about this too because my kid eats Applegate antibiotic-free organic uncured beef hotdogs frequently. She doesn't like most meat and fish and doesn't tolerate dairy at all. Even just ground beef she usually dislikes (I think it's a texture issue).
    I eat a pack of those a month. Yummy.

jay_fm is offline Member
    I buy the Applegate ones for my kids for lunch on the weekends. I don't see an issue with grass fed hotdogs and it is nice to have something they can heat up on their own. My DD even has them for breakfast sometimes. They don't eat a ton of them but they are nice to have in my bag of tricks for busy days.
    Pre-Primal SW: 161
    CW- 150
    Goal 120ish

raney is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Costco carries some locally made, clean, sausages here, in 3lb packages. I freeze two of the pounds upon purchase so I won't go through them too quick, they're nice quick supplementary protein though. 15g per dog. Two of those and four eggs cooked in tallow = 50g protein breakfast in about 5 min.