Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Magnolia1973's Primal Journal page 4

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    195.8- down anothe half pound, and for the month that would be 6.2 pound- not too shabby! Very sustainable. Other positives: clothes fit better except for the ones that are too big. :-) Skin looks marvelous. I wake up ready to roll. No more midafternoon slump fueled by sugar. Enjoying the milder exercise and seeing strength gains in my 5 essential movements. Eating so much good food and not being too derailed by slip ups.

Yesterday I did my essential moves, a dog walk and lots of time in the sun.

Food:
    eggs, avocado, salsa, bacon, orange, coffee, small piece of buckwheat waffle with maple syrup and butter
    (oops...it was delish though)
    No lunch - not hungry
    Chicken leg and thigh, mashed caulif;lower, brussel sprouts, chocolate

My goal this week is to incorporate a mid day walk to soak up sun and move more, plus track my eating on Livestrong just to check in on what I am eating calorie wise. Also, learn to cook grass fed meats better

Yesterday I got a lot of walking in, maybe an hour and a half. Took a nice 15 minute walk at noon at work too.

Food:
    avocado, salsa, eggs, bacon, coffee
    chicken salad
    leftover chicken, cauliflower, brussel sprouts
    chai with cream and raw honey

I MUST keep food at work. I hate getting hungry then having to go eat some $8 salad that tastes like shit. I wish places would do more veggies on salads. I had that same grudge as a vegetarian. Put peppers and cukes and onions and broc and cauli.... not some spring mix and an old tomato. Today I am bringing chicken sausages and frozen veggies to stash at work. I wish I could just IF everyday, but I don't always make it.

So here is an update pic- the left side is from July- I was around 210 (I think- my old scale was replaced in mid January and I may have been heavier..), and the right is from this am at about 195. Nice to see the spare tire deflating. I have always had heavy arms and legs (still do) - I'm OK with my legs- they are really muscular, but damn my arms are all flab.

I want to do monthly update pics. My goal is to have a nice bikini pic.

Yesterday I had some dog walk time for activity.

Foods:
    omelet with asparagus, mushrooms and raw cheese
    chicken sausage with broc
    chicken breast with cherry tomatoes slow roasted in olive oil and garlic, spinach with butter and parm,small piece of dark choc with almonds

1350 calories, 34% protein, 46% fat, 20% carbs

Stopped at the farmers market and got a haul! Awesome local bacon, chicken, ground beef, a lovely ribeye, some pork chops, eggs, raw cheeses and some cream.... YUMMY! The gal I buy meat from is so cute- and I do believe she eats pretty primally. Very healthy woman who says things like "OH, we demolish 3 lbs of pork shoulder" and "Oh, I had 6 piece of bacon this am!"- not afraid of some fat and very healthy, lean body and great skin and hair.

Yesterday I walked the dog. Again... I walk the dog a lot, but we have a nice nature preserve behind the house. I can walk for a little over an hour without repeating a trail.

Food:
    eggs with avocado and salsa, bacon, strawberries, coffee
    skipped lunch- just did not want anything at the office and not hungry
    ribeye, asparagus
    dessert- I wanted something awesome and special and decadant. I whipped up 3 T of my new cream, and folded it into 1 square of melted dark chocolate with a bit of frangelico (like a small splash). It made a nice mousse that I stashed in the freezer for an hour. Then I heated 2 frozen strawberries and mashed them into a sauce! Put the warm sauce on the frozen mousse.... it was a grand dessert. LOL, not low cal. Gloriously high in fat. Very low in sugar. Not a regular menu item, but a yummy company worthy occasional dessert. It's going to make a reappearance for valentines- I visualize the mousse on a nut crustwith a raspberry sauce. The other upside? Very scaleable to make one serving.

stats: 1200 calories, 63% fat, 18% protein, 18% carbs, 55g carbs

Yesterday I did my 5 essential exercises- a bit of a weak performance, but I had been on an hour walk prior- suprisingly I improved on the squats.

Food:
    Eggs with avocado, salsa. Bacon, blueberries, coffee
    Spinach salad with veggies, chicken breast and an egg
    eggs, kale, sweet potatoe, bacon saute, chocolate,chai with cream

About 1400 calories, 48% fat, 28%carbs, 23% protein, 102 carbs. It always amazes me to add up the calories and see how low they are eating this way. I used to try and eat this calorie range and it was like madness trying to take things out- I added in the chai last night to bumb up a bit of calories. Empty carbs and grains are so calorie dense.

OY feel like shit today....
    Yesterday:
    eggs, mushrooms, asparagus, goat cheese, bacon, coffee, orange
    skip lunch
    chicken, sweet potato, avocado, salsa, greek yogurt (best damn burrito fillings ever)
    chai with cream, chocolate, 2 bourbons

1400 cals 40 % fat, 30% carbs, 30% protein. LOL, I drank and feel like crap this am. I wish I had eaten way fewer carbs to prep for it. Oh well. Back on the wagon. Drinks were not worth it- only 2....

I had a nice hour walk with the dogs in the sunshine and sunned myself and got some good vitamin D for an hour.

LOL, way to booze up the weekend. Yesterday was a lazy day- rain.... I met a friend for pedis. Eating did not go well:
    Breakfast- spinach and cheese omelet, bacon, coffee
    Lunch- ummm.... a bottle of wine and fried cheese. Not Primal.
    Dinner- pull pork, sweet potato, avocado, salsa, greek yogurt and since I messed up earlier, chocolate.

There was no reason to drink that much wine or eat the damn cheesesticks and what pissed me off at myself was there was a woman (nice and trim) who had ordered grilled chicken and cukes as a special order. And she had her one glass of wine. She has lost a tremendous amount of weight and looks fabulous. I learned a lesson- ask for something healthier and ye shall receive (and thechicken looked yummy and I love cukes and it would have hit the spot).

I feel like I do have some cheats in my diet- sugar and cream in my coffee, the chocolate and I'm OK with those. I enjoy them. What I don't like is when I make bad decisions that I don't even enjoy that much. Why the fuck eat 3 cheesesticks unless they are the most awesome thing ever? My pork was better.

Done flogging myself. The good thing that came out of yesterday was I told my veg friend who sells HCG what I was doing. I was a little worried, but she was very happy I gave up the wheat, had cut out most sugar and was eating local, good meats. She mentioned it was a very healthy thing and that she wanted to quit the soy. She is a medical professional and counsels a lot on nutrition and very much promotes a similar approach to primal and has always been very vocal to me about cutting sugar and wheat and eating more fat. She wants to learn more about local meats to be a better resource to her patients. She realizes vegetarianism is not going to work for many people.

194.6 this am. Another week, another pound. But wow, this was a bad weekend with drinking. Got back on track yesterday and took 2 1- hour walks.

Yesterday:
    omelet with goat cheese and aspargus, bacon, blueberries, coffee
    chicken and cucumber
    Pork and cabbage, chocolate

This week I will take a break from tracking on Livestrong and see how I do! I feel like the eating is becoming second nature and I have a meal formula that works for me. Not at all trying to snack. A lot of my issue is now more about social situations and not being prepared.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yesterday- nice dog walk. I need to do my weight exercises today....

Food:
    avocado, eggs, salsa, bacon, coffee, blueberries
    hot cocoa that was not that good
    chicken and asparagus
    pull pork, slaw and chocolate

Today is going to be a smack down on sugar day- no chocolate, no crap....its creeping back in. And being not that good. The damn hot cocoa was probably 120 calories... I could have had bacon, a banana, berries and cream, chicken- all would have even tasted better!

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast