Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Magnolia1973's Primal Journal page 3

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yesterday I went riding for the first time since new years day. Anyone who thinks horseback riding is not exercise is invited to experience the stiffness in my butt and back today. :-) And abs. Riding is a great core workout. Not an upperbody workout though. It always amazes me the difference in strength between my core and lower half and my arms, chest and shoulder.

Food:
    Big breakfast- egg scramble with avocado and salsa BACON and some blueberries and coffee
    Skip lunch- no hunger
    Dinner- cauliflower mash with butter, a bit of amazing cheese, and arctic char (fish) with avocado and salsa sauted in butter with some garlic. So good and my vegetarian SO who eats fish had the same meal. Plus a small square of 85% chocolate.

I think I'm gonna quit the 85% chocolate. I don't care for it that much and it makes my heart racey. It was a good tool for quitting "sweets after dinner". I may try a small portion of fruit with coconut milk as an onhand solution for a sweet bite after dinner. And wow- I dished up my hubby icecream and was not interested in having a bite. Loving it!

UGH, I woke up bloated today- 2 pounds.... and its all in my lower abs. I guess it is that half of the month when I bloat. SO TIRED OF IT. The only saving grace is that at least its not like the old days where I felt starving, eating horrible dull foods with chocolate cravings then stepped on the scale and gained 10 lbs overnight. I ate quite well yesterday anddon't see a dietary cause and I KNOW it isn't fat gain, it is just discouraging. And its annoying because it is hard to tweak your eating you can;t be sure if a pineapple spear bloated you or if its just hormonal.

Yesterday:
    Omelet with spinach and cheese, bacon, blueberries
    Turkey patty with avocado and salsa, cheese (just a bit(
    Leftover sheperds pie, cucmuber
    pineapple and coconut milk

AphroditeByDesign is offline Junior Member
    Magnolia,
    I am new to this site and truly enjoyed reading your journal; it was quite helpful and a great read. I created a journal, but now I cant find it when navigating. Have a wonderful day.
    "Everyday, I strive to be well formed molecules, both Inside and Out." 2007 Julie H

Start Date: January 15, 2012
    Goal #1: Totally Fit by 50 (Feb 2014)
    Goal Weight: 150
    Height: 5'3" (Vertically challenged)
    Fitness Level: Walking and working the treadmill
    Fitness Goal: To be able to run

Thanks- I think you can do a search - just put in your username!

This week, my weight is 196.4. My skin is amazingly nice these days- usually in winter I get a bit of eczema and have issues with dryness. And No zits! Feeling good and string and one thing I have noticed is that my anxiety issues are gone. They were never awful, but always kind of there. Maybe the sugar?Oh yeah, and I bought a pencil skirt and wore it on my birthday- mid October. I needed two pair of spanx and a long sweatertopull it off. Now it is too big, period! Like sliding around, saggy. Good thing it was a $10 clearance item. My weight is coming off from my torso and amazingly for once NOT my boobs. Haha, my arms and legs have not lost an inch...bless their hearts.... but I appear to be maintaining my cleavage.

Yesterday I did my bodyweight workout- sore today! Hello push ups! I also got in some outside time depsite the cold, damp weather. Just need SUN!

Yesterdays food:
    Eggs, bacon, pineapple, salsa, avocado, coffee
    Turkey patty, mushrooms, spinach, raw cheese
    Salad of awesome with romaine, tomatoes, onions, cukes, avocado, roasted lamb and a garlicy home made dressing with full fat greek yogurt, olive oil, garlic, raw honey, salt, pepper oregano and lemon
    small piece of 85% chocolate (I have had this bar open for over a week- still have half left... never had chocolate for so long.

This weeks goal is to keep on eating on, not obsessing about calories - just eating mindfully- I lost weight without tracking on Livestrong- so its a deposit in the bank of trust for me. My next step is to step away from the scale- going to wean myself down to every other day this week. I may also add in a 3rd lifting day- I have a big book of 15 minute workouts. My food goal is to stay the course!

Yesterday I did a HIIT workout by skipping rope that kicked my ass. I also pet sit, so had a nice 30 minute with a customers dog in the rain. I guess our weather is supposed to be nice- tired of the cold greay rainy days.

Food:
    fried eggs and asparagus, orange and bacon, coffee
    chicken sausage and broc
    same big salad as last night, but with some chicken as I did not have a lot of lamb
    small piece of chocolate

Yesterday I walked for about 1.5 hours- I pet sit as a side job....haha, paid for my long slow cardio. My calves are aching from the other days HIIT workout.

Food:
    Avocado / salsa/eggs/bacon/ coffee
    I ate out- Moes- pork, lettuce, salsa, cheese, avocado- that sat in my gut like a friggin brick- probably the crappy cheese- good cheese does not mke me ill...
    dinner- kale, a sweet potato, a piece of bacon all sauted, topped with eggs (yum!)
    Chocolate

Just a note- I try and practice portion control- I realized it sounds like I eat a ton-but its usually 1-2 pieces of bacon, 2 eggs, .5 avocado. The only thing I don't watch quantity on are veggies. Chocolate is an 1" square or smaller. Meats are 6-8 ounce portions. I don't cook with a lot of fat.

Yesterday I walked a little and did the 5 bodyweight exercise workout. Hooray for pushups!

EWating was a little wonky...
    Breakfast- eggs, asparagus, goat cheese, bacon, orange, coffee
    lunch- chicken sausage, broc
    oops.... 1/3 of a ghiradelli chocolate with caramal, a bit of raw cheese, a few mushrooms
    dinner- pork chop with sauted cabbage and apple
    dessert- blueberries with whipped cream

Oy, so what happened- I was cat sitting, the customer left me chocolates that I have avoided. I was really hungry and cravey so took one of those squares and ate 1/3 of it. It was really rich, and I just threw the rest out. It was like a sensory overload. So as I was leaving, I noticed myself going back to grab a few more... hello- I didn't enjoy the damn thing. I stopped myself- but pure addiction moment and glad they aren't in my house. It was honbestly really scary because that's how pounds of candy used to get eaten. I didn't even really know I was doing it. I got home and ate a small amount of cheese to stop the craving. It didn't work, so after dinner I whipped some cream witha small amount of sugar- maybe a half ateaspoon and folded in blueberries for a dessert. It finally stopped the crave.

What is scary is that I don't have a bad reaction to candy- it doesn't make me feel bad or have the runs or a tummy ache. It doesn't give me a headache. I was down another .5 lb this morning. It's the perfect addiction- the only side effect is gobs of fat over time.

My plan today is no fruit or sugar. Focus on good fats. A good fish meal for dinner and lots of veggies.

Yesterday I ate too much chocolate and I'm annoyed at myself.
    I did a small amount of exercise.

Breakfast: bacon,asparagus, eggs, goat cheese, coffee
    lunch- leftover cabbage, chicken sausage
    "snack"- 3 ghiradelli squares (really)
    dinner- mahi mahi, salsa, avocado, salad with abunch of veggies, 85% chocolate

I'm annoyed about the chocolate- really... I will say it tasted great and damn if it doesn't have any negative immediate effects. I kind of wish it gave me awful cramps or anxiety. The lack of control is what annoys me. Oh well, it's an ongoing issue and not the fault of the diet.

On a happier note- I bought a pair of pants a few years ago, post marathon. They fit for a week, then I needed spanx... then a long shirt. Then they needed to NEVER BE DRIED in the dryer. I inadvertantly dried them last year, and knew not to bother... wore' em yesterday- baggie in the but, loose in the waist, still a bit snug in the thighs.

Haha, yesterday- the theme was eggs.... so many eggs..... The plan was a big breakfast, then dinner out at Indian, but the reservation for Indian was 8:15 earliest, they are slow.... neither of us wanted to be eating curry after 9pm.....

I did walk the dog for exercise...

The eatin'
    3 eggs scrambled with avocado and salsa, bacon, coffee
    4 pm snack when I thought we'd be noshing curry at 9 was an egg, a piece of bacon, avocado and salsa
    then dinner when we decided curry was not worth eating after 9pm it was 2 more eggs, kale and sweet potato saute

Haha, I love eggs!!! They are the one food I'd want on a deserted island.

Yesterday I did my sprint intervals in the woods, plus a nice walk. Haha, getting fast. Not! But they are fun to do.

Food:
    eggs, asparagus, cheese, bacon, coffee, BANANA (you know, there was a timne when I daily ate ice cream and 100 calorie packs and feared bananas that they might be keeping me fat)
    Chai with raw honey and cream (trying out a sweet to have in lieu of chocolate)
    Turkey patty, bacon, mushrooms, raw cheese
    Salad with lamb, tomatoes, cukes, onions, yummy dressing with greek yogurt, raw honey, olive oil, mustard, lemon juice, red wine... :-(
    Chocolate

I ate a lot yesterday- too much sugar and dairy. I want to eat cleaner today. The nice thing is I have a friend trying primal- she came over for dinner and looked great- lost 10 pounds in her first month. I'm so happy to see her having success- she has struggled like I have, even moreso with CW diets. She was very happy to have someone to eat with who was not going to sabotage her diet. It was nice to share a meal with someone, even if the redwine made me feel sick. (Just one glass...)

And my positive note today- I have all these cute running skirts that have never quite fit right... too small.....Now they fit. It makes me laugh- I'd run, hoping to get small enough to wear them, only to pretty much stop running and have them finally look cute! Love putting on clothes and they fit.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast