Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Magnolia1973's Primal Journal page 2

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Oh yeah- and last nights dinner was amazing! Sauted kale with garlic with poached farm eggs. If it had bacon in it, it would have been over the top. But just sauted in olive oil and grass fed butter, it was decadant. Except the olive oil, it was totally local too!

Yesterday had good and bad points- the good was I got my dog walk in. The bad was lunch wasn't so hot. It could have been better, I had a greek salad with salmon, but then had some pita bread and hummus. I wish I would have skipped the bread, but oh well. I guess it tasted good, but it seemed like a mindless thing to eat. Old habits die hard. Next time ask for no bread. I was mad at myself, and not super hungry for dinner so ended up with a couple of fried eggs and some avocado.

Today the plan is a dog walk but I want to add some jogs in. Food plan is :
    sausage, eggs, blueberries, coffee
    chicken and broc
    grass fed strip, cauli, broc

Looking forward to my steak!

Yesterday was good. Walked the dog, ate as planned.

Today:
    Bacon, scrambled eggs with avocado and salsa and a bit of goat cheese. Blueberries. I like a little fruit at breakfast.
    Lunch- gonna skip as per most fridays.
    Dinner- chicken, leftover cauli & broc.

Activity- Gonna do my bodyweight workout.

I feel good- but the scale has stalled. The good thing is I like what I am eating, so will continue to do so. In the past, when diets stalled, I hated what I was eating, so walked away. And I am so shocked at how much I don't want bread or sweets. In the past, I wanted bread and sweets. Oh, I miss carbs at times- a side of goat cheese polenta would have been divine with the kale and eggs, but it was great without it to. No, in the past, wanting carbs was like a drive.

Todayis pulled pork day woooohoooo
    Good strength workout yesterday- sore from squats. love it. Today is sprinting workout.

Breakfast- sausage, fried eggs, blueberries, coffee
    lunch- ? depends on hunger- maybe a turkey burger?
    dinner PULLED PORK and SLAW

I am changing this around- instead of laying out my day, I'll report in on my previous day. I overplan and it keeps me from listening to my body. I'm also taking a break from Livestrong. I feel like I have an idea of what to eat and want to try a week without obsessively planning beyond thawing some meat. I am going to try it- I feel writing what I ate here should be adequate detriment to eating something stupid like a fried twinkie....

Yesterday for my activity I did my sprint work out- 6 minute runs/1 minute walks, then 20-30 second sprints and 1 minute walks, plus some walking in the woods. I would have been the one eaten by the tiger. That said, I can run all day. But boy am I slow. It's fun sprinting on trails - but you need to be aware of stumps and roots and fallen trees. I'm pretty good at dodging at my normal pace, but sprinting is tough.

Food yesterday:
    Sausage, fried eggs and blueberries
    omelet with spinach, leeks and blue cheese, pineapple
    pulled pork and slaw
    Dark chocolate with hazelnuts.

I was really craving fruits yesterday - just something light to counteract the heavy food. This is where I think not tracking will help. I get all into calories and have been preparing my veggies with more fat than I like to bump calories. Then I start freaking about carbs.... so I end up with some heavy meals, when I wanted something lighter. So going to try and listen better, but be prepared.

198.6, and at first I was disappointed....oooo a pound. But then I read my journal and every freaking day sounds like a copy of Bon Appetit. If I am losing a pound a week eating pulled pork....life is good. Better than not losing any eating whole wheat coucous and trying to decide to drop the olive oil or fat free feta to get the scale moving. I could also bump up the exercise.

Yesterday was a quiet day- sunshine, friends, some walking. Food:
    fried eggs, asparagus, sausage, pineapple
    turkey burger, avocado, salsa, cheddar, pickles
    pulled pork, slaw

That just does not look like a weight reducing diet. Nor does it taste like one.

Yesterday- activcity = hour dog walk

Ate:
    asparagus omelet, bit of blue cheese, bacon, coffee
    snack later in the day - 4 pm - egg and mushroom saute in butter
    dinner- last of pull pork, slaw, broc and garlic, 85% chocolate- small bite.

Forgot lunch, got hungry around 2:30, but dealt until I could get home to a good snack. I knew carbs would not satisfy me and really its all we have in the office or around us.Going to keep a few boiled eggs at work. The chocolate was pretty good. And my cheese consumption is getting less and less. Just a bit for flavor.

Yesterday was bodyweight exercises- making progress on all exercises- increasing reps, moving onto harder versions. My shoulders were burning!

Foods:
    Breakfast- asparagus & cheese omelet (just a bit of the good goat cheese), sausage.
    Lunch- 2 boiled eggs and brocolli. OK- this was the crappiest meal I have eaten while primal. It got the job done, but.... well, I would have rather had 2 poached eggs on aparagus, but can't really poach eggs at work. Food as fuel.... food as fuel.....
    Dinner- oh wow- chicken, snow peas, sweet potato, brocolli suated in red curry suace made with full fat coconut milk, red curry paste, lime juice and garlic. That my friends, was to die for. I have never used full fat coconut milk. Amazing- what a rich and full bodied sauce. Plus a very small piece of dark 85% chocolate

I also stopped at the Farmers Market- picked up a new cheese, some lamb loin, another pork shoulder and some chicken leg/thighs and some eggs. She was so very happy my pulled pork was good!

Walked the dog yesterday- not as long as I wanted, but the woods were really wet in some place with a new stream across a trail. We still got 30 minutes in.

Food....
    Breakfast- eggs scrambles with avocado, salsa and bit of butter, bacon
    Lunch- leftover curry
    Dinner- shepherds pie with leeks, mushrooms, carrots, and ground beef plus cauliflower
    Snack- piece of pineapple

Yesterdays dinner was really heavy- I did not eat a lot of it-it was good, but boy this morning I am craving FRESH!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Dog walk last night- out for an hour or so.

Breakfast was : omelet with asparagus and goat cheese, bacon, blueberries
    Lunch- egg salad and spinach with veggies
    dinner- shepherds pie leftovers and arugula salad plus a small bite of 85% chocolate

Feeling good, and learning more about cravings- yesterday I wanted fresh and what satiated that was raw greens, lo and behold, not much raw greens eaten lately. And hunger- I was hungry for dinner but hunger can be put off- so different from carb cravings.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast