Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Magnolia1973's Primal Journal page 17

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Congratulations on shrinking out of the riding breeches! You are doing great!

DC
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks!

Yesterday I rode my horse

Breakfast was sausage, eggs, avocado, coffee

dinner was chicken thigh, greenbeans cooked in coconut milk and some chocolate. The green beans were good!

Yesterday I half assed a 25 minute bodyweight work out, but at least I did something other than sit on the couch, LOL.

Breakfast was eggs, avocado, sausage and a banana plus coffee
    Dinner was leftover green beans and chicken thigh, a piece of cheese, some chocolate and watermelon and my fave muscadines.

Yesterday was OK, 30 minutes of walking.

Breakfast was avocado, bacon and eggs, banana
    dinner was watermelon, chicken, greens cooked with bacon and some chocolate. Also had aioli on the chicken.

Today I leave for a short trip....not looking forward to it. It's to my parents and inlaws. My parents are fine, but I don't sleep well at their house. The inlaws I won't sleep well at and will be a PITA about my diet. I actually hate going home. I like seeing my parents, but I don't know. I would have rather taken the time off in town or somewhere relaxing. I have no idea how I will stay primal. These days going non-primal- wheat or too much sugar makes me edgy. On top of no sleep...oy vay. BUT ALL THESE DAMN PEOPLE EAT IS PIZZA. I dunno, its a whole maelstrom of stress and the challenge of eating right makes it worse, especially because now I actually WANT to eat right. The pizza, danish, muffins and other crap are shit I don't want- they don't "comfort" me anymore. At the same time, I hate the interogations and questioning of what I eat. Plus my dad is in the hospital which is a heap ton of shit. (Love my dad, but hospitals make me sick).

I hate going home, and it makes me sad. I guess it is about other people, but itjust adds onto a stressful life.

LOL, woe is me. Sorry.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Good luck. Stress is the pits.

Back from my trip and I did OK. A few splurges, too much drinking, but did OK. Weighed in at 187 this morning. Mostly eating non-primal made me feel lousy and I was craving the good foods by Sunday. What really struck me was how much carbs people eat. My mom had a breakfast of yogurt, granola, fruit and a muffin. Most restaurant meals are high carb. Most pre-prepared foods are carby. But it's so easy to cook and avoid all this excessive sugar. And when I think back, I used to be that person consuming so much excess sugar, so I feel better about my "primal 20%" but really want to clear that out.

I'm starting a Whole 30 tomorrow. Mostly I feel myself "making room" for sugar by skipping better foods. Like my coffee is 120 calories. I could have a banana or an extra egg. Then my seemingly daily sweet is probably 120 calories plus... I could have a sweet potato. My Whole 30 goal is to eliminate those habits and see how creative I can be within their parameters. I feel good on Whole 30 compliant meal making, but not so sure about the "snacks".

First day of whole 30.

Breakfast was ground beef cooked in ghee, with eggs and avocado, plus some blueberries.

I still IF... for now, so the plan for dinner is ground beef with cabbage and onions, plus some aioli and mustard. Maybe a piece of fruit or a sweet potato.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Good luck with the whole 30, so no dairy, eggs or nightshades as well as usual? Tough..

Nothing wrong with half assing! I tell myself doing squats in the ads is better than nothing!

The Whole 30 is going suprisingly well, now that I am over the coffee.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617