Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Magnolia1973's Primal Journal page 12

missblue is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've been in long-term "weigh" stall but am still seeing clothing fitting better, seeing more muscle under fat in ab area, etc.
    so don't get discouraged--every bite of good food, every day of exercise is like a deposit in the bank of you.

I hit a cheesecake pretty hard last week and must admit I enjoyed every bite. Dried fruit is the trigger I have to be careful of.

Cutting the sweets will help--maybe some extra sprints? I hate to admit how well they work cause I'm so sore when I do them.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Miss Blue! Trying to get back on running- just hard with the horse now out of training and trying to get my arms around my schedule. Riding her on a schedule is a priority and during the week it gets tough. I need to renovate my work out schedule. Looking at - M- walk/ride, Tuesday- Heavy lift day, Weds- walk/run, Thurs- ride/light lift, Fri- ride run (sprint), Sat- ride/light lift Sun ride/run. We'll see how this week goes. Last night I just rode...but I dawdled at the barn.

Food was smoothie, eggs, coffee
    pork chop, spinach, sweet po, cheesecake (fed the last of it to the dog)

The good.... I had an awesome motivated weight session- all legs... squats, lunges, step ups, dead lifts?, calf raises and pistol squats. Killed it. LOVE step ups. Very part of my ass and legs are feeling it today. Then I took a 45 minute walk immediately before the lead legs set in.

The bad- I messed up the eating-
    Breakfast started great- coffee, bacon, eggs, spinach and mangos.
    Then I ate cake at work- it was good home made cake, but hey if you want to have cream in your coffee, dark chocolate, cheesecake etc. you can't have cake.
    I redeemed myself at dinner- big piece of flounder cooked in a lemon/butter/dijon sauce, big old pile of asparagus. But then the ugly- I had dessert- good primal dessert- strawberries and whip cream and a bite of chocolate... but damn that is 3 desserts in one day- one off the books not primal.
    So new rule- only 4 desserts a week (square of choclate, fruit with whip cream, small dish of ice cream etc.). Otherwise if I want something I can have a bite of good cheese or fruit. But def. my "square of chocolate" has grown to "squares" and now is morphing into full on desserts.
    I hate that I do not get the physical symptoms of sweets beyond stalled weight loss and some bloat if flour is involved. A violent stomach ache would help!

Yesterday I walked my dog for an hour.

Did a VLC day- just trying to shake the sugar thing a bit. Need to get back in balance.

Breakfast was bacon, eggs, strawberries, spinach, coffee
    dinner was a beef patty, cheese, onions, mushrooms and cucumber plus tomatoes.

I had no dessert or treat. I did not want it, but had to fight a bit to not do the habit. I almost skipped dinner but didn't want to wake up today hell bent on sweets. My weight was down to 189.2 this weekend- a new low, but I dunno, it may be 190 again tomorrow. or 193. or 178.

On a cool body note- I am losing my love handles. LOL, above the waist its getting hard to pinch more than an inch. I put my hand on my waist and feel like... where did my fat go.... there used to be more of me there....

I love my SO. we were laughing about my arms... my god awful arms. It was decided that I need to find a bikini with sleeves. Show off my tummy, hide my arms. The skin on my tummy is snapping back, but the arms just droop and droop more and more. So help me if I end up with a 6-pack and &*^&(%^&% batwings, I'm going to get arm surgery to cut the dang skin off my arms.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Ooooh, how about one of those tops worn under saris? That would make a good bikini with sleeves. (Plus, you know, a bottom. I guarantee, if you didn't wear a bottom, no one would notice yours arms.)

Great job on backing away from the desserts. That's a point I want to get to: to catch myself after one day, instead of 'waking up' three months and thirty pounds later.

Thanks Sabine. LOL, It was decided I will someday rock the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader outfit- the tiny top, big billowy sleeves and tight short shorts.

Yesterday I rode my horse and did some upper body work- chin ups, pullup negs, push ups, lawnmowers, dips and planks. My plank time is getting better- up to a minute now.

I kept to low carb-
    Breakfast- bacon, eggs, berries, spinach and coffee
    dinner- hamburger, cheese, onions, mushrooms, cukes, tomatoes and some pineapple.

Scale was down to 187.4 so I am hoping it is not just dehydration but some actual fat drop. Def feeling leaner thru the midriff. It was weird last week I was really jiggly around my midriff and it was painful. This week it is now tighter, more solid.

Yesterday was some riding and a good dog walk.

Food was bacon, eggs, pineapple, spinach and coffee
    dinner was a beef patty, mushrooms, onions, asparagus and cheese.I had planned on chicken but was just craving the beef again. I found organic, pastured ground beef at the grocer- it was $8.99 lb! Their non-organic regular ground beef was $5.99 lbs. The lady at the market only charges $5.99 for her beef. I thought hamburger was cheap?I get the up charge on the organic stuff... but had no idea good old crappy corn fed ground beef was so expensive.

Andyhow, for the last 3 mornings scale has been at 187.6. Fingers crossed my time in the 190's is done.

Yesterday we had a dog walk and riding for activity.

Food was bacon, eggs, asparagus, pineapple, coffee
    dinner was a burger, mushrooms, onions, cukes and tomatoes
    I did have a beer while I was out.

I think its getting to be time to get back to a more varied diet with carbs.It has been 4 days with no desserts, so I think that cycle is broken. I like what I am eating right now, but it kind of kills my energy after a few days. Today is HIIT training so maybe I will add more carbs today.

187.2 on the scale.
    Yesterday I did HIIT sprints and rode my horse.

Breakfast was bacon, eggs, spinach, pineapple and coffee
    dinner was chicken thigh/leg, zucchini and creamed chard. I did have a small dessert of a few spoons of haagen daz but then I wanted chocolate.

I think I need another week of dessert avoidance. Still struggling a bit to limit things. I am starting back with more carbs today- healthy carbs.

Weight is just falling off this week- scale read 186.6 this am. Great- boy you can rack your brain trying to figure out what causes the loss. I think the body just decides to drop the fat and does it...

Exercise was riding
    food was
    smoothie with yogurt, banana, blueberry, almond butter, some bacon and an egg
    dinner was same as last night- down to the haagen daz and chocolate.

I guess coming out an griping about a weight stall triggers loss?

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast