Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Magnolia1973's Primal Journal page 11

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yesterday I ran and rode my horse.

Food was scrambled eggs and asparagus and cheese, strawberries, coffee
    dinner was chicken leg, sweet potato, zucchini and strawberries with whipped cream.

Yesterdays workout ended up being a leg killer-I did a rotation of chin ups, squats, push ups, lunges, dips, step ups and plank. I did 6 rotations, adding more reps with each round. My upper body is a bit stiff, but my legs are spent. Love that feeling. Every muscle feels like it got worked.

Food was\:
    smoothie with strawberries, greek yogurt, banana, almond butter, bolied eggs, coffee
    dinner was my fave salad of mango, avocado, chicken, red pepper and cuke, plus some chocolate. I also had an egg as a snack.

Loving the higher carb breakfast- I have been feeling great lately.

Yesterday was light activity wise- short ride on my horse. I am STILL sore from Monday- now feeling it in shoulders and legs/butt. Love it.

Breakfast was smoothie, 2 eggs, coffee
    I ended up having lunch- a salad with some chicken. I just was really craving some protein yesterday- probably due to the work out!
    I had a smallish dinner- chicken leg and some brocolli, plus strawberries with a little chocolate.

Yesterday I walked the dog for an hour- legs still too tired to jog!

breakfast- smoothie, eggs, coffee
    snack of an egg
    dinner was chicken, sweet potato, guac, raw cheddar and spinach. I splurged and had strawberries with a small scoop of haagen daz ice cream.

Very good treat. I have been eating too much chocolate lately - need to get back to portion control on it. THere is a theory that after the first 3 bites you aren't really tasting anymore- I believe that... back to mini-desserts. And I need to stretch goodies with fruit. Slippery slope getting a little too slick!

missblue is offline Senior Member
    That Monday workout sounds like it really did some good "rebuilding" of the new you!

You have really been sticking to the plan.
    Portion control on chocolate critical for me also, and I agree I don't taste it after a few bites.

How are those "target breeches" (the full seat ones) fitting? Tried them yet or soon?

LOL- yeah- the breeches look great (OK as good as tan spandex can look). They are pretty low cut- so we will see how they perform in the saddle. They do look good with a tucked in shirt, so no chance for crack, LOL! Of course- now I'm annoyed- I got another pair at the same time- black size zips and the waist now comes to my boobs. Only got to wear those once. Riding breeches are the worst garment to purchase. I have an older pair of side zips-I now love the fit in the hips and thighs- slightly loose, but the waist on those now ends under boobs.

Yesterdays activity was riding and a quick intense body weight session- 2 rounds of 40 seconds on/20 seconds rest of chin ups, squats with weights, push ups, step ups, dips and planks. It felt great. Not too sore this morning- lol, only need one of those a week.

Food was:
    eggs, asparagus, cheese, mango, coffee
    spinach salad, beef stew, berries and ice cream

Yesterday I rode my horse and that was it for activity. Should have gone for a jog or a walk.

Food was a smoothie and 2 eggs
    dinner was chicken, sweet potato and green beans, plus too much chocolate and a bite of ice cream.
    I also had some deviled eggs.

Yesterday I did a short bodyweight workout and got in lots of walking at a local horse show. It was fun.

Breakfast was eggs, asparagus, cheese and mango, coffee
    At the show I had a real lemonade which was so good!
    Dinner was a hamburger pattie with mushrooms and onions, cheese and some asparagus.
    I did make a goat cheesecake for easter and had a piece with strawberries. Quite a splurge! I tried to make it more primal- the crust was just pecans and butter, and I sweetened it with maple syrup. Very yummy! but high in calories.

Yesterdays activity was riding and a dog walk.

Breakfast was bacon, eggs, strawberries and coffee, plus sauted spinach.
    Dinner was a pork chop and green beans, plus a slice of the cheesecake with maple syrup.

Annoyingly, my weight loss has stalled- just wanting to get into the 180's! I don't want to make big changes so I am going to cut back on the sweets- call the cheesecake my last hurrah for a while. Basically I'm bouncing between 189 and 191 for the past month. LOL, damn it I just want to be in the 180's!!!!

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast