Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nutrition for 6-pac page

180degrees is offline Junior Member

Nutrition for 6-pac

Shop Now
    Hi everyone. I recently got my hands on a copy of primal blueprint. I still haven't finished it yet, but I've gotten through the fundamentals on lifestyle changes and the evolution argument for excluding grains and other simple carbs. Most of this I knew already, but somehow reading it gave me a boost of motivation. Anyways, my goal is to get a 6-pac. I've made some decent progress, but seems I'm at a stopping point and was looking for tips from any members here with a 6-pac themselves.

I've been eating low carb for probably the past 12 weeks. Mostly beef, fatty pork, spinach and kale salads with apple cider vinegar and fish oil, 6 eggs in the morning, again with fish oil, almonds, avacado, and once a week a moderate cheat meal. I'm also supplementing 100mg r-ala with biotin twice daily. I workout with barbells 3 times a week, sprint twice a week, 5'10 @ 176lbs, maybe 12% bf and a decent amount of muscle (16" arms, 24" thighs). Anyway, my progress has stagnated. What am I doing wrong?

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Cheat meal? I think that is your big problem right there.
    As has been said before cut the almonds and I wonder where you low level cardio is?
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

180degrees is offline Junior Member
    I don't see how 1 meal a week with no simple carbs is making much (if any) difference. Its just a larger serving of what I normally eat on a Saturday. I'm actually my lightest on Monday, probably because I'm more active on the weekend. From Monday - Friday I no longer see changes on the scale.

Also whats wrong with almonds? Our ancestors ate nuts.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    So it is not really a cheat meal then just more food???
    Easier for you to search the site regarding nuts and weight loss but there is a lot of info on it and why you should avoid if you are stalling.
    You never mentioned your low level cardio.
    Keep in mind 12% is still low BF and probably a comfortable place for your body to be. If you need to get really low you really need to watch your diet.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

scrap the cheat meal and do a 24-40hr carb refeed instead. preferably sandwiched between 2 workouts

otzi Guest
    Clean up the diet, IF, work core more, cardio less, get good sleep.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Carb refeed - make one of your meals a carb/fat only meal. brocolli, rice, almonds, honey and sweat potato. The small amount of fat will ensure a good insulin response. This will aid in reseting leptin and help thyroid function.

I would replace a low carb meal for this meal meal every 72 hours. Shoot for about 400 calories.

Forgot to ask, what's your total daily calorie intake? You will most likely have to reduce this to dip into the single digits.
    Last edited by Fernaldo; 01-04-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 180degrees View Post
    I don't see how 1 meal a week with no simple carbs is making much (if any) difference. Its just a larger serving of what I normally eat on a Saturday. I'm actually my lightest on Monday, probably because I'm more active on the weekend. From Monday - Friday I no longer see changes on the scale.

Also whats wrong with almonds? Our ancestors ate nuts.
    Our ancestors ate nuts in season (end of summer, early fall to fatten up for winter)....not all year.

elliottsmith is offline Senior Member
    Are you fasting you don't mention it? If your not this should let you loose the pounds and see the holy grail of stomach decoration, the elusive six-pack.

rparker is offline Junior Member
    I agree with the getting more sleep thing. I've stagnated before and found that the issue was I was getting only 7 hours of sleep a day. For most thats enough but for a person that is actively training is simply isn't sufficient. Try get 8-9 hours of sleep a day and see where it takes you.
    Rock-Abs.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast