Thread: Couch to 10K and Primal all at once? page

TradSimplicity is offline Junior Member

Couch to 10K and Primal all at once?

Shop Now
    I posted in another thread yesterday, but thought maybe I should just start a new post. I've committed to run on a marathon relay team the end of April. This gives me 16 weeks to train/prepare. I'm starting primal with this week's grocery trip. I've read to work up to running 30 minutes straight, running Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and build my mileage on Sunday. I'm sure this plan can get me to the 6.5 mile length by the end of April. However, I'm wondering if by doing PBF I could get the same results without running as much? Or, do I just run the 30 minutes at low impact once I do get to running 30 minutes? I really want to burn fat, build muscle, and just complete my mileage. Any advice nutritionally and training wise would be greatly appreciated. I'm guessing nutritionally, going primal with nothing extra should be good from what I've read in this forum. Help please?!

simplyryde is offline Member
    Congrats on making the decision to go primal.

If your goal is to just finish the 6.5 miles you could most likely get away with less running. If it were me coming from zero running shape, I would start slow. For the first four weeks trying running /walking for the thrity minutes 3 to four days a week. Let your body be your guide. For the next four weeks, incorporate some intervals like 6 X 100m with 30sec rest one day a week. The last four weeks would be one interval day, one day running for 30 minutes, and one long run (4-6miles).

I hope this helps. Be careful and strat slow, as overuse injuries affect 90% of runners, and derail your efforts.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Basic primal is great training for running. Sprints twice a week, lots of slow distance running (or walking in my case.) Get plenty of rest between workout days. Work of shifting to fat burning.

Experiment between now and the event to find out what food and drink works for you. You might not need any for 6.5 if you really start burning fat.

Good luck with the event!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

abstractpersona is offline Senior Member
    I saw on your other post that you have an 8 month old, are you breastfeeding? (Just saying because this would have a play in nutrition)
    My smartphone makes me about $100 per month

{ Don't forget to add MyFitnessPal nutrient summary image to journal on sundays }

TradSimplicity is offline Junior Member
    No, I am not breastfeeding.

Is there anyway to know when my body switches from burning sugar to burning fat? Is weight loss the only way to know?

Thanks for tips, I guess I'll just do the walking/running mostly and follow my body's signals for more or less at the time approaches.

I know I can do this.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Is there anyway to know when my body switches from burning sugar to burning fat? Is weight loss the only way to know?
    You will be able to go a lot longer without being hungry. You won't crave carbs. There are probably other things I am forgetting.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.