View Poll Results: Do you think a vegetarian 'Primal' lifestyle is possible?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but only 'lacto-ovo' (eggs and appropriate dairy)

42 37.84%
  • Yes

16 14.41%
  • Not sure

8 7.21%
  • No

46 41.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is A Vegetarian "Primal" Lifestyle Possible...? page 2

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    a lot of people who eat primally avoid factory farming of animals, and may even choose specific slaughter/butchering practices over others, etc. It's not just a vegetarian thing.

but, yes, it is possible to be vegetarian and primal.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Does anyone bother to check Mark's posts before saying something about vegetarianism? Yes, Mark's son (not daughter) is a life-long vegetarian, I guess lacto-ovum. And Mark has said he's OK with it.

My (not quite primal) viewpoint.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post
    Does anyone bother to check Mark's posts before saying something about vegetarianism? Yes, Mark's son (not daughter) is a life-long vegetarian, I guess lacto-ovum. And Mark has said he's OK with it.

Just because we know Mark's viewpoint doesn't mean we need to parrot it.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i se primal has having three primary factors:

1. being grain/pulse/legume free, sugar and dairy light (thus different than strict paleo);
    2. being mostly fat -- 40-60% of diet from good fats, and the rest protein and carbohydrate;
    3. rounding out with the right kind of "grok like" movement and sleep and so on.

I figure that it's possible to be vegetarian that way, consuming raw dairy and eggs -- so why not?

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    i se primal has having three primary factors:

1. being grain/pulse/legume free, sugar and dairy light (thus different than strict paleo);
    2. being mostly fat -- 40-60% of diet from good fats, and the rest protein and carbohydrate;
    3. rounding out with the right kind of "grok like" movement and sleep and so on.

I figure that it's possible to be vegetarian that way, consuming raw dairy and eggs -- so why not?
    (just for kicks) Because eating meat is a primal calling, a primal desire, to not have this desire is just... odd. It's like having no sexual drive.

That being said, anybody can do as they please and call themselves whatever they want. Non meat-eating primals are like the water boys or score keepers on the team. Part of the team still, but don't get any playing time. When the championship is won, you still get a ring, so it's not so bad!

Milemom is offline Junior Member
    Wow, really? This veggiewoman does not have a libido problem... and I bet plenty of other vegetarian/vegans can say the same.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JennaRose View Post
    Didn't Mark say that his kids are veggie primals? and they eat eggs?
    I think his son is/was at the time of writing that article at least, and his wife is a primal pescatarian.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

brickfur is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post

I meant this post to be a platform for discussion... Also I'm new and an still backtracking through Mark' posts - the sheer wealth of resources has been getting a little overwhelming!

Lionsima is offline Junior Member
    Hi - just wanted to add my voice as a person who is exploring the possibilities of being lacto-ovo-primal. One *could* argue that this "meat-desire" you speak of is of the same order as the sugar cravings that hit all of us sometimes ... if we are going to go that route.

Just love MDA and hope to find community here ... meat or not meat.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've been thinking about this lately, and yes, I think you can.

Eating your veggies cooked in coconut oil, palm oil, or ghee. Eating eggs certainly wouldn't hurt. Avocados, macadamia nuts are wonderful sources of fat too.

Protein would be in the form of a supplement like Vega, but I haven't looked at the ingredients list for a while. This is where eggs would help too.
    They'd be missing out on vitamin A and B12 that is best eaten in the form of MEAT!
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast