Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vegetarian Primal: Advice for A Newbie? page

brickfur is offline Member

Smile Vegetarian Primal: Advice for A Newbie?

Hi! I've been vegetarian for five years now.
    I am ready to embrace the Primal lifestyle... but not ready to change my vegetarian lifestyle.

Any other vego Primalists out there? Any advice?

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    How will you get protein without legumes or soy?

How will you get enough fat without animal fats?
    Will you eat a lot of coconut oil?

These are questions I am looking for answers to along the way... I'm still 100% learning.
    Is soy a 'no-no' on the Primal diet?

I eat eggs and some dairy, also...

My vegetarianism, as said, has been part of my life for five years... at the moment I am beginning to explore my views on the matter, and who knows where I will end up in the next few months/years...

I've been doing some research on lectins in soy/legumes, so am aiming to avoid these if possible...

But as you mentioned I am very worried about not getting enough protein. I've been quite unhealthy for the last little while due to lack of protein.

Skinnyfat=me.

Honesty, I don't really think vegetarian is compatible with primal
    Do you not think you could bring yourself to do it?
    You need meat Is it because of animal treatment or other? There are tons of places to get happy animals here in Sydney, that are treated kindly before being killed.
    Soy is out. Eggs are great, but I think to get enough protein without meat, you would eat a lot.

It's definitely because of animal treatment. I am abhorred by factory farming... I think I would honestly struggle to return to a meat-eating diet... but in the interest of health, perhaps I could trial it for a few months?

Where can happy meat be obtained in Sydney? I'd like to try seafood first (I'm less visually confronted by it, silly, I know.. but five years of ZERO meat does funny things to one's head!)... but overfishing etc. puts me off...

Oh, I'm so muddled!!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i don't think it's incompatible.

you just have to eat a lot of eggs. and the dairy may be inflammatory for you -- so it's a maybe. some primals do it, some don't.

you should be able to get enough fat and protein from these, honestly.

(vegan, soy free and whole foods and mostly raw, for 5-6 years; vegetarian, mostly raw, soy free, whole foods, eggs and raw cheese, another 5-6 before going primal -- consuming meat).

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    i don't think it's incompatible.

you just have to eat a lot of eggs. and the dairy may be inflammatory for you -- so it's a maybe. some primals do it, some don't.

you should be able to get enough fat and protein from these, honestly.

(vegan, soy free and whole foods and mostly raw, for 5-6 years; vegetarian, mostly raw, soy free, whole foods, eggs and raw cheese, another 5-6 before going primal -- consuming meat).
    Hi! I'm a little confused - so since you've been Primal, you consume meat? Can I ask how you 'got over' your vegan/vegetarian lifestyle? Did you find the transition difficult? I can't get past what I see as my 'compassionate' vegetarian stance... although I am beginning to understand the 'logic' of meat-eating, when done 'right'...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The Free Range Butcher
    here is one place, ive spoken to the farmer about how it is all done, and I am satisfied with the animal treatment.
    They are at a market in Balmain every sat (along with tons of organic fruit and veg), but they also deliver.
    They also have salmon at the market too. Maybe ease into it?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast