Thread: Eating for competition page

dannyjnoonan Guest

Primal Fuel

I'm pretty new to primal. I've been doing it for about a month and a half, and probably take too many cheat meals (how do you give up beer and pizza?) on the weekends, but have been pretty good about it 6 days a week. However, I'm signed up for a "CrossFit Decathlon" competition in two weeks and I'm not quite sure how to eat during the competition. It's 10 events over two days, so it'll be pretty demanding. I swam and ran in high school and college, did Ironman a few years ago, and have played in a few frisbee and soccer tournaments, so I'm no stranger to all-day athletic competitions. With those, it was gatorade and granola bars all day (and also gummy bears and coke during Ironman). Obviously that's not primal, so what should I eat during the competition? Just the usual (water and big-ass salad w/chicken)?

Ry
    Ry is offline Member

Robb wolf talked about this in one of his paleo-podcasts. You can look up the episode on his blog and listen to it. I think the gist of it was: 1# Have an idea of how long you have between events and plan when you will eat. #2 practice it atleast once before the competition. ie: do a crossfit workout, eat something, do another. #3 stick to things like sweet potatoes, fruit, and small amounts of lean protein.

grandma is offline Member

HA HA HA --- I looked here thinking I was going to see a discussion about Primal Hot Dog eating contest! Sometimes my mind is twisted.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

dannyjnoonan Guest

Hmm, now that you say that, maybe I should have phrased that differently.

darienx19 is offline Senior Member

I thought the same thing Sir Grandma I don't really have any advice, just amused by the title and confused at what I got hehehe

dannyjnoonan Guest

Anyone know how to edit the title?

grandma is offline Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

no worry danny. the topic has been discussed her before, so I am sure the competitive amongst us will comment.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.