Thread: Young Primal Newcomer... page

brickfur is offline Member

Red face Young Primal Newcomer...

Primal Fuel
    Hello!
    I'm 'brickfur' (I'll explain this one day!). I'm eighteen years old, and female.
    I've been a serial crash-dieter for about three years now, and it hasn't done me any favours mentally, emotionally, or physically.

My relationship with food these days is one that makes me very unhappy - I go from severely restricting calories (sometimes under 200 - 300 calories a day), to completely abandoning a 'diet' and eating far too much/the 'wrong things'.

Reading this forum, (I'm part-way through Mark's books), has truly begun to change my perception of food, health, life, and the human body.

I truly see the sense in the Primal way of living, and although I have not truly begun my Primal journey yet, for the first time I am approaching this not as a 'diet', but as a change to my way of living.

I am doing this, for the first time, for HEALTH, not to get 'skinny'.

I hope to find and eventually give support on this forum, and maybe connect with some other Primal newbies, or otherwise, here.

Any advice is MORE than welcome! Wish me luck on my journey!

Quickdraw is offline Member
    Fellow newbie here, welcome to the community! I've found people to be pretty damn helpful so far. Once you take a fair swing at it, the lifestyle changes are so easy it's just natural.
    About Me | Journal: "Grok: Deployed"
    "Doctrine is the last refuge of the unimaginative." - General James Mattis

elliottsmith is offline Senior Member
    Greetings young one

Thanks guys! Hoping to get in to the swing of things as soon as possible!

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    I hope you find your answers. Have you seen a professional about your eating disorder? I would highly recommend it.

I've never really considered myself eating disordered... I know I have a less than desirable relationship with food, however I wouldn't say I've ever been underweight etc. therefore it's difficult to get people to take the 'issue' seriously...

Aldous is offline Junior Member
    Welcome from a fellow newcomer!

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    I'm no professional(you should see one) but less than 200-300/cal/day is anorexia. Period.

Eating "far too much of the wrong things" especially if you don't want to may or may not be binge eating, you should ask a professional.

I've lost people I love to eating disorders. It sucks. Please get help. Find someone who specializes in EDs and ask to be screened.

Bosstycoon is offline Senior Member
    from one newcomer to another welcome!! this community is great and ive been Primal/Paleo for about 2 months now

Quote Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
    I'm no professional(you should see one) but less than 200-300/cal/day is anorexia. Period.

Eating "far too much of the wrong things" especially if you don't want to may or may not be binge eating, you should ask a professional.

I've lost people I love to eating disorders. It sucks. Please get help. Find someone who specializes in EDs and ask to be screened.
    Definitely taking this comment on board... thank you... loads.